Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

Brian

Feb 10, 2016, 6:47 AM

Post #1 of 14 (5721 views)

Shortcut

Is anyone still there???

Can't Post | Private Reply
Haven't been to this website for awhile and was stunned to see that the last post was three months ago.

RickS

Feb 11, 2016, 5:37 PM

Post #2 of 14 (5675 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Brian] Is anyone still there???

The last Post on this 'website' was not 3 months ago..... Central Highlands portion, maybe so. Maybe everyone was waiting for you to Post....

rvgringo

Feb 12, 2016, 9:00 AM

Post #3 of 14 (5631 views)

Shortcut

Brian:
Where is the “there“ that is the subject of your inquiry. Is it here, or over there, or elsewhere? Then; what is your question? There are a lot of us here, there and elsewhere; although if you fail to respond soon, some may have already departed.

Brian

Feb 12, 2016, 12:12 PM

Post #4 of 14 (5621 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Is anyone still there???

I should have been more clear. Rather than the entire website, I was referring to this specific forum. It just seems like there aren't as many participants as in past years when there were lively and informative discussions. I guess all good things must come to an end. Are the folks living and/or visiting San Miguel de Allende just not posting as much or is the attrition rate attributable to deaths or moving back to countries of origin without fresh faces being added. Just curious.

(This post was edited by Brian on Feb 12, 2016, 12:14 PM)

rvgringo

Feb 12, 2016, 3:04 PM

Post #5 of 14 (5607 views)

Shortcut

I am not aware of many of the San Miguel de Allende folks being all that active on any of the boards. The expats around the Chapala, Jalisco area seem to be the most numerous, and the most vocal.

Kimpatsu Hekigan

Feb 12, 2016, 5:16 PM

Post #6 of 14 (5598 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Is anyone still there???

RVGringo sez:

I am not aware of many of the San Miguel de Allende folks being all that active on any of the boards.

Perhaps that's because those SMA folks have an active news group on Yahoo:

San Miguel de Allende Civil List
Currently 9,000+ members; averaging 2,000+ posts per month

Same is true for folks in Morelia and Patzcuaro (Facebook, too):

Michoacan_net News Group
Currently 1,200+ members; averaging 300+ posts per month

The Michoacan Net on Facebook

FWIW,

-- K.H.

The Disciple lamented, "Master! Why is my life beset with problems?!"
The Master observed, "Only tourists step in dog droppings."

Brian

Feb 13, 2016, 7:08 AM

Post #7 of 14 (5568 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Kimpatsu Hekigan] Is anyone still there???

I can't stay up to date on SMA via the civilsma newsgroup as I was banned several years ago for posting about what I foresaw as a serious concern about public safety. Some saw it as a Chicken Little scenario but the moderator exercised her right to kick off those whose posts were considered political in nature. It was a thriving newsgroup,and I hope it still is, albeit without me.

(This post was edited by Brian on Feb 13, 2016, 7:09 AM)

RickS

Feb 13, 2016, 9:38 PM

Post #8 of 14 (5533 views)

Shortcut

Yes, still thriving with tons of Posts daily.....

chopinman1

Feb 17, 2016, 9:50 AM

Post #9 of 14 (5491 views)

Shortcut

I'm here, my name is victor, fan of frederick chopin. Moving to San Miguel in April this year. Wondering about home invasions lately and other rumors about safety in San Miguel. Anyone heard anything?

chinagringo

Feb 17, 2016, 11:23 AM

Post #10 of 14 (5477 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chopinman1] Is anyone still there???

Good luck with that inquiry! Pretty tight clamp and denial system in place on negative news out of San Miguel de Allende. I think if residents get caught speaking ill, they get their "happy card" taken away?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

RickS

Feb 17, 2016, 8:49 PM

Post #11 of 14 (5451 views)

Shortcut

What you may already know, or what you will learn is that from time to time and year to year one will, no matter where they live in Mexico, come across these sort of situations. While there is/was some 'stuff' going on in SMA the friends I have there say that is has been blown out of proportion to reality. I was there not terribly long ago and didn't get a sense of impending doom. YMMV

roberth

Feb 22, 2016, 8:40 AM

Post #12 of 14 (5392 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
I'm here, my name is victor, fan of frederick chopin. Moving to San Miguel in April this year. Wondering about home invasions lately and other rumors about safety in San Miguel. Anyone heard anything?

I heard about one such incident maybe 6 months ago or so. Nothing since, and I certainly wouldn't say it's a "thing" in SMA. Been living here a year now.

(This post was edited by roberth on Feb 22, 2016, 8:41 AM)

rvgringo

Feb 22, 2016, 8:45 AM

Post #13 of 14 (5388 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roberth] Is anyone still there???

There was a murder in Tucson yesterday, so do not move to the United States, or anywhere in dangerous North America. Just pull up the covers and go back to sleep.

Anonimo

Jun 10, 2016, 2:51 PM

Post #14 of 14 (4657 views)

Shortcut

I've been busy with other interests, and only logged in today for the first time in a long time.

Saludos,
Anonimo

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4