Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

RFVegas

Jan 28, 2016, 10:46 AM

Post #1 of 6 (9916 views)

Shortcut

Residencial Temporal: once notified to fingerpring, how long to report?

Can't Post | Private Reply
My wife and I are in the process of obtaining a Residencial Temporal Card. We have made out first visit to INM in Playa Del Carmen. We were approved and received authorization to exit and return to Mexico during this process. Once we receive notification to come in for fingerprinting how long do we have to fly back and report to INM? Once fingerprinted, what's the usual wait time to receive our cards? Just trying to plan flights and length of stay as we will then return to US one last time to finish sale of business and drive back for good. Thank you.

rvgringo

Jan 28, 2016, 3:30 PM

Post #2 of 6 (9899 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RFVegas] Residencial Temporal: once notified to fingerpring, how long to report?

My best guess is that you have no more than 30 days. However, check your departure/return letter, which may be for 60 days, and refer to it when calling INM for confirmation. I would do that.

RFVegas

Jan 28, 2016, 3:43 PM

Post #3 of 6 (9896 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Residencial Temporal: once notified to fingerpring, how long to report?

rvgringo: thank you for your fast post. I may not have been clear in my thread post. I know my exit/re-entry documents are good for 60 days. What I'm looking for is once INM posts I am approved to go for fingerprinting, how long do I have from when they post this, until when I must visit INM? I'm trying to avoid paying high airfare for short notice. If I can still wait a couple weeks to visit for fingerprints, it would be helpful. Also, once I'm fingerprinted, how long is it taking them to issue cards? Again, Thanks.

rvgringo

Jan 28, 2016, 3:51 PM

Post #4 of 6 (9894 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RFVegas] Residencial Temporal: once notified to fingerpring, how long to report?

Everything is variable and will differ from office to office, which is why I suggested that you call your INM office. There are cases where files have been cancelled as a result of people waiting too long, but I do not know of anything written in stone. If it were.......¿quien sabe?

RFVegas

Jan 28, 2016, 3:56 PM

Post #5 of 6 (9887 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Residencial Temporal: once notified to fingerpring, how long to report?

Gracias! Mi amigo.

RFVegas

Apr 22, 2016, 7:19 AM

Post #6 of 6 (8182 views)

Shortcut

An update in case anyone needs this info. I received notification to be fingerprinted in early Feb. There was a problem with my wife's paperwork (Mex Consolute input her as male in system). Since we were back in the states (received temp permit to exit/renter) we waited for her approval a month later. We then flew back to CUN and went to Immigration office is Playa. Fingerprinted quickly on Monday. Received cards on Thursday.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4