Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

yucatandreamer

Feb 12, 2016, 7:48 AM

Post #26 of 28 (3801 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rioesmarex] How do I check the title on a property in Mexico ?

Can't Post | Private Reply
A couple of other things you may wish to research and clarify before you buy property this way:
1. How are the utility companies going to view your corporation? Are you going to be billed as a business with business rates?

2. If one of you dies, what provisions have you made to re-do the corporation so that the surviving spouse can sell the property?

3.How much are the yearly or monthly reporting fees to satisfy the provisions of a corporation?

I personally have no knowledge of the problems that can arise but have heard of instances where all of the above have caused people problems.

chinagringo

Feb 16, 2016, 4:54 PM

Post #27 of 28 (3728 views)

Shortcut

Re: [yucatandreamer] How do I check the title on a property in Mexico ?

Something from today's news feed that is germane to this discussion:Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

RuralPuebla

Apr 7, 2016, 8:24 AM

Post #28 of 28 (3275 views)

Shortcut

Re: [GodsGiftToMexico] How do I check the title on a property in Mexico ?

I am not an attorney, but did legal research for a number of years as a volunteer for an organization. Judges can do many things under court orders, with the specter of jail for contempt for failure to comply.

If a US judge issued an order to sell to the owner of the Mexican property, who happens to live within the jurisdiction of that court, he signs all the papers necessary to make it happen, or goes to jail, period. If the bank is supposed to honor the owner's order to sell, it looks like they must sell when he signs the papers.

If the Mexican bank refuses to obey the owner's signature, the US court probably has no power to force them to do it. That is my best guess and it is only a guess. My legal research involved US law.

One of the worst abuses of contempt I ever saw was a man back in the 90's. He once had a lot of money, and as part of the divorce turmoil, he apparently lost it. The ex- convinced the judge that he had hidden that money, apparently millions. The judge ordered him to produce it. He insisted it was lost for business set-backs. The judge tossed him in jail for contempt, and I think he spent perhaps 10 or 15 years in jail before another judge finally ruled enough.

They even had financial detectives look for the money and found no trace anywhere. But, a determined albeit not too bright judge was going to let that man die in jail because he would not turn over money he did not have.

Abuse of contempt of court occurs daily in US courts, but that is a political topic better left alone.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4