Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Smandy

Jan 6, 2016, 9:05 AM

Post #1 of 6 (7753 views)

Shortcut

Can I Stay in Mex while my Temporary Residence Visa is Processed?

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi! I am applying for temp. residence in Mexico on the basis of marriage to a Mexican citizen. Since my original visa expires during the processing time, will I need to leave the country, or can I stay until the card comes? Thank you!!

rvgringo

Jan 6, 2016, 9:49 AM

Post #2 of 6 (7746 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Smandy] Can I Stay in Mex while my Temporary Residence Visa is Processed?

You will be “en tramite“ or in processing, so you will stay in Mexico with a letter that they give you. It will contain a unique tramite number, NUT, for you along with a website address for you to monitor the progress of the process and know when to return to INM for payment, fingerprinting, pick-up, etc. The letter is good for travel within Mexico & you should not plan to leave during the process.

Smandy

Jan 6, 2016, 1:10 PM

Post #3 of 6 (7720 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Can I Stay in Mex while my Temporary Residence Visa is Processed?

Great, thanks so much!

Maesonna

Jan 7, 2016, 5:53 PM

Post #4 of 6 (7635 views)

Shortcut

Oops, I sent this as a private message but meant to post it in the forum. What I wrote was:

But don’t worry; if you do have to leave the country during the processing of your residency it is possible. All you have to do is to get a letter from INM called a permiso de salida y regreso. It is a one-time exit and return permit that allows you to leave Mexico and come back without derailing your temporary resident application process. It cost a little over 300 pesos last time I looked.

Smandy

Jan 7, 2016, 6:15 PM

Post #5 of 6 (7628 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maesonna] Can I Stay in Mex while my Temporary Residence Visa is Processed?

Great to hear, thanks a lot

rvgringo

Jan 8, 2016, 10:32 AM

Post #6 of 6 (7581 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Great to hear, thanks a lot

I think it has a time limit; 60 days max.?

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4