Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

ifyoucanttakeajoke

Sep 2, 2016, 3:49 PM

Post #26 of 36 (3954 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RuralPuebla] Direct Deposit of Social Security Deposits to Mexican Bank Accounts

| Private Reply

In Reply To
>> NEVER give somebody 3% to make the conversion for you. That is simply throwing your money away.

I understood your posting fine. I assume you did not understand mine. You manage money your way, and be proud of yourself. I will manage my money my way and don't care about three percent charges, if that is what it is. And, I don't view it as throwing my money away. I view it as living well with minimal stress.

Obviously, your life is dedicated to worship of money. Mine isn't. Our difference is you are intolerant of anyone who lives differently than you do and does not share your worship of money. Using my money to live well without stress is not throwing my money away.

My father gave me much advice when I was young, most of which I forgot within minutes. One thing that stuck with me, though, was "There's no pride to be taken in paying too much for something".

skier14

Sep 2, 2016, 7:28 PM

Post #27 of 36 (3944 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Direct Deposit of Social Security Deposits to Mexican Bank Accounts

| Private Reply
Thank you, Steve.

Gatos

Sep 3, 2016, 3:45 AM

Post #28 of 36 (3927 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RuralPuebla] Direct Deposit of Social Security Deposits to Mexican Bank Accounts

|

In Reply To
>> NEVER give somebody 3% to make the conversion for you. That is simply throwing your money away.

I understood your posting fine. I assume you did not understand mine. You manage money your way, and be proud of yourself. I will manage my money my way and don't care about three percent charges, if that is what it is. And, I don't view it as throwing my money away. I view it as living well with minimal stress.

Obviously, your life is dedicated to worship of money. Mine isn't. Our difference is you are intolerant of anyone who lives differently than you do and does not share your worship of money. Using my money to live well without stress is not throwing my money away.

These are YOUR words from a June post...

"I just found out while typing this that my brother-in-law needs open chest surgery, not open heart. Apparently his veins are very thin, and so they need to take some out of his leg and put in there somewhere by the heart. The doctor told him the cheapest he can do it is around 300,000 which comes to around $16000 USD. I do not know if we can do that or not. It will be serious discussion time here. "

Perhaps if you were more intelligent with your money you would have more.

I wish your brother-in-law well.

jreboll

Sep 3, 2016, 6:02 AM

Post #29 of 36 (3919 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gatos] Direct Deposit of Social Security Deposits to Mexican Bank Accounts

| Private Reply
I spent most of my working years in cardiac surgery. That is a very gut wrenching experience for the patient and relatives. Go easy on the criticism. What started out as an inquiry on exchange rates has become an argument about spending life styles. It is hard enough to agree with ones' spouse let alone with complete strangers.

ifyoucanttakeajoke

Sep 3, 2016, 6:50 AM

Post #30 of 36 (3906 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To

Perhaps if you were more intelligent with your money you would have more.

Jerk.

yucatandreamer

Sep 3, 2016, 7:11 AM

Post #31 of 36 (3904 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jreboll] Direct Deposit of Social Security Deposits to Mexican Bank Accounts

| Private Reply
jreboll. Where is the like button? Thank you for your voice of reason.

jreboll

Sep 3, 2016, 7:41 AM

Post #32 of 36 (3899 views)

Shortcut

Re: [yucatandreamer] Direct Deposit of Social Security Deposits to Mexican Bank Accounts

| Private Reply
Thanks. I hated the way it was going. I'll post my exchange rate when I get there.

Gatos

Sep 3, 2016, 1:36 PM

Post #33 of 36 (3865 views)

Shortcut

Re: [ifyoucanttakeajoke] Direct Deposit of Social Security Deposits to Mexican Bank Accounts

|
PM sent.

RickS

Sep 3, 2016, 3:16 PM

Post #34 of 36 (3847 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Direct Deposit of Social Security Deposits to Mexican Bank Accounts

| Private Reply
ALL... please keep this about "the thing" and not about "the person".

RuralPuebla

Sep 4, 2016, 4:53 PM

Post #35 of 36 (3788 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Congratulations. Your imitations of the smart alecky and insulting tones that Mexconnect often had in the late 90's are almost perfect. I have a real strong feeling that one of the nasties is named Bill. He was here in the 90's also.

Can you do the math on how long it would take for that 3% to make up $16,000 USD? No? I didn't think so. Or, if you can, it would take you about as long to calculate as it would for the 3% to make up $16,000. Hint: it would be well over half a million dollars taken by ATM.

If I said I didn't have that much money, and I don't think I did, that was an error on my part. If you turn the ole' brain switch on, how on earth can a person with his money in the USA get $16,000 cash in Mexico, and how long would it take? You were too busy emitting insults to stop and think, right?

I am going to repeat what I said. The hassle of running this way and that to save small amounts of money is not always consistent with good physical and emotional or spiritual health or enjoying the small amount of life remaining. You worship the mighty dollar, and I will enjoy life with my wonderful Mexican neighbors and friends.

RuralPuebla

Sep 4, 2016, 5:00 PM

Post #36 of 36 (3787 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Since several of you viewed me as being dumb in not worrying about those small amounts of money, let me do something I don't usually do, boast. While you ran up and down saving cents, I increased my assets probably around $250,000 in Mexican real estate. You use your time as you wish; I will use mine as I wish. And, I promise I will not be an obnoxious jerk and mock you for using your time as you wish. In fact, I did not. I only told you why I don't worry about that 3%. I think I made it clear I did not criticize people for not doing what I do. That is your schtick.

The problem is the same. No way to get my hands on cash from this real estate in any real time frame.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4