Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

roberb7

Nov 4, 2015, 4:21 PM

Post #1 of 4 (6237 views)

Shortcut

Dentists and crowns

Can't Post | Private Reply
Have a relative who needs a crown, and wants to have it done in Mexico. The problem is, most dentists (including my own) need five days after the initial work to get the crown made, and this relative can only come down for a week. Does anybody know a dentist in DF, León, or Queretaro that has the necessary equipment to make the crown on the same day or overnight?

Aaron+

Nov 5, 2015, 7:57 AM

Post #2 of 4 (6197 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roberb7] Dentists and crowns

I understand that most if not all dentists (here and in the USA) send the mold to a laboratory that actually fabricates the crown. A small number of crowns come back defective, and the dentist has to reorder the crown. A week is a normal turnaround time, whether in the USA or in Mexico.

Select the dentist for his/her reputation. Be sure no national or local Mexican holiday occurs during the time your relative expects to be here. The relative should be prepared to return should the crown need to be reordered, but most likely a reputable dentist works with a reputable lab and the crown will be fine the first time around. However, that is no guarantee.

Lilmsmaggie

Nov 7, 2015, 12:59 PM

Post #3 of 4 (6119 views)

Shortcut

Aaron+ is correct. A good dentist with a solid reputation should be your first concern.

As a former U.S. Navy dental tech., Aaron+ is also correct in turnaround time from the dentist's prep and impressions taken, to sending the impressions and mold to a lab to be worked and back.

1 week turnaround time back to the dentist is probably about average. Expecting it to be accomplished in less than that time would not be reasonable.
Dwain (aka Lilmsmaggie)

bronco

Nov 7, 2015, 1:26 PM

Post #4 of 4 (6109 views)

Shortcut

it is possible, but i would leave 2 more days open. the lab may be behind scedule. best to telephone the dentist before coming to check. i had a bridge made in 10-12 days. that included extraction, & mold.

(This post was edited by bronco on Nov 7, 2015, 1:29 PM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4