Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

mosul

Oct 30, 2015, 12:21 PM

Post #1 of 2 (5507 views)

Shortcut

ANYONE HAVE INFO ON MEXICAN NAVIGATION DISCS?

Can't Post | Private Reply
We imported a car a few years ago. It is a 2008 MDX with navigation. Never thought that we would miss the navigation much, but traveling in Mexico, it would really come in handy!

I called the dealer in Guadalajara, he says that he only has a disc for 2014 and newer. Anyone with a Honda or Acura, know anything about this? Our disc for the USA, is white. They say always upgrade with another "white" one. Is there a Mexican disc available anywhere?
Thanks

chinagringo

Oct 30, 2015, 6:32 PM

Post #2 of 2 (5464 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mosul] ANYONE HAVE INFO ON MEXICAN NAVIGATION DISCS?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I admit to knowing nothing about the Honda/Acura navigation system.

That said, some alternative ideas should you have trouble obtaining the necessary updates. If you have an Android Smartphone, from very recent personal experiences, Google Maps navigation worked extremely well during my tests just over a month ago. I was running it side by side with our Garmin loaded with the most current maps and would declare the test a tie with each having pluses and minuses. We have been using GPS units in Mexico since 2009 and have many thousands of miles of experience. These units have certainly reduced the need to refer to our Guia Roja map book.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4