Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

MazDee

Oct 24, 2015, 6:42 PM

Post #1 of 5 (4506 views)

Shortcut

Info about Patricia?

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm surprised not to see any news about the effects of the hurricane. Maybe this one sliced right by all the resort areas? And nobody cares about the rest? But, I'm wondering why no one is reporting from the coast. Was the "biggest tornado ever to hit the Western Hemisphere" a news gimmick? I don't think so, but here in Mazatlan, the ocean looked like a lake last night, and there was no wind.

RickS

Oct 24, 2015, 9:28 PM

Post #2 of 5 (4491 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MazDee] Info about Patricia?

I have seen reports on other boards and youtube footage of several places, including about where the eye came onshore and PV.

Without at all diminishing the fact that there was loss, what I see does not come close to the destruction I figured would come with that size hurricane. Some were predicting 30' storm surges. Massive mudslides from copious rainfall. What I saw on the clips was 'minimal' damage (vegetation, signs, not even all palapas, etc) compared to "lesser" storms I've seen along the Gulf coast.

While it had great fanfare, fortunately it did not live up to what some of us with hurricane experience expected. Good!

DavidHF

Oct 26, 2015, 3:40 PM

Post #3 of 5 (4434 views)

Shortcut

Re: [MazDee] Info about Patricia?

All the Mexican press and TV had and continues to have coverage. It was all over the morning TV news and newspapers. If that's not to your liking then use Google.

sparks

Oct 28, 2015, 11:05 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4383 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Info about Patricia?

The reason there was less damage than projected was there was very little flooding.

Jova was about water .... Patricia was about wind. Very few palapa and lamina roofs survived and maybe 1/2 the trees are down or broken

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

tonyburton

Oct 28, 2015, 12:23 PM

Post #5 of 5 (4370 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Info about Patricia?

There was plenty of damage in some places - see, for example:

Post-hurricane photos and video:

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4