Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

teddybear1935

Oct 21, 2015, 7:33 AM

Post #1 of 4 (7506 views)

Shortcut

DRIVING TO USA THROUGH REYNOSA USING PHARR BRIDGE

Can't Post | Private Reply
I HAVE AN OLD FM2. WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE TO DRIVE TO THE USA THROUGH REYNOSA USING HE PHARR BRIDGE IN ORDER TO DO THAT WHICH IS REQUIRED BY THE MEXICAN IMMIGRATION? IS IT REQUIRED TO REGISTER DEPARTURE FROM MEXICO AND TO USE THE HALF PAGE PAPER GIVEN ON LEAVING TO RETURN LIKE IN THE AIRPORT?

rvgringo

Oct 21, 2015, 11:07 AM

Post #2 of 4 (7475 views)

Shortcut

Re: [teddybear1935] DRIVING TO USA THROUGH REYNOSA USING PHARR BRIDGE

You really should go to INM nearest your home and change your old Inmigrado (I assume) for a Residente Permanente card. The process may take a few weeks, so plan ahead. Later, at the border, you will fill out an FMM and mark it as Residente Permanente as indicated on your visa card. Keep the other half for your return and give it to INM at the border or the airport.

YucaLandia

Oct 23, 2015, 6:15 AM

Post #3 of 4 (7336 views)

Shortcut

Hi Ed,
Your "Inmigrado" - Permanent Resident - card is still good to enter and exit Mexico.

You do not have an "FM2" . FM2's were for temporary residents.

Your "Inmigrado" visa is now called a "Residente Permanente" by INM law.

Under the new system since 2013, Inmigrados / Residente Permanente visa holders are supposed to stop at the INM office where they are exiting Mexico ...

That would be at the Pharr bridge for you. fill out an FMM form describing your personal data + your entering and exit data a - filling out both the exiting half and the re-entering half with your personal data.

INM keeps the "entering Mexico" half of the FMM form, and gives you the "exiting Mexico" half of the form to use on your return to Mexico.

So, you stop at INM both on entering and exiting Mexico to register your movements. Since you didn't fill out an FMM the last time you left Mexico, just fill out an FMM when you return.

Happy travels,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

therumjournal

Oct 28, 2015, 10:01 AM

Post #4 of 4 (6992 views)

Shortcut

I have been told multiple times by INM agents at the otay mesa and puerta mexico(main Tijuana crossing) that it was NOT necessary to get an exit stamp if i was going to re-enter through land again. Obviously, this is contrary to what seems to be the rules of registering every entry exit. But there are virtually no immigration inspections via car and only recently at puerta mexico they have started to "inspect" pedestrians crossing the border.

I told them I wanted to be "safe" and just get the stamp since I was going to a 3rd country other than the US and I didn't want to have stamps from other countries when supposedly I was "inside" Mexico. They didn't give me any problem and stamped me out.

I would hate to not get stamped out then cross back again walking and get "caught", because as you know, they are never wrong and its always us.

Just stop in at the INM office and get your stamp on the way out, and then again on the way back in to be 100% safe. chances are you wouldn't be noticed anyways but better safe than sorry.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4