Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

johanson / Moderator

Oct 15, 2015, 6:14 AM

Post #1 of 4 (5459 views)

Shortcut

My Windows 7 laptop crashed

Can't Post | Private Reply
Gosh darn it. my beloved but old Windows 7 Laptop has seen it's last days. The motherboard has died. So I am forced to learn how to use Windows 10 on my Surface Pro Tablet. So for the next few days I will be checking this forum a little less than usual.

Now if I were a teenager, it would be no problem :) Wish me luck.

arbon

Oct 15, 2015, 9:24 AM

Post #2 of 4 (5443 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] My Windows 7 laptop crashed

Can't Post |

In Reply To
Gosh darn it. my beloved but old Windows 7 Laptop has seen it's last days. The motherboard has died. So I am forced to learn how to use Windows 10 on my Surface Pro Tablet. So for the next few days I will be checking this forum a little less than usual.

Now if I were a teenager, it would be no problem :) Wish me luck.

~~~~~~~~~~

Reply...
There is a windows 7 "Classic Shell" for windows 10 that I am trying out, so far so good.(free down load)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

johanson / Moderator

Oct 16, 2015, 6:26 PM

Post #3 of 4 (5403 views)

Shortcut

Gosh: Windows 10 is not that bad. It's just that as the older I get the more challenging changing to anything new gets. Oh and the longer it takes to learn
I am really beginning to see the advantage of using Windows 10 with a touch screen. But gosh it was intimidating for the first several hours. No, I am not that good at it yet, but I think within a day or four I will be back to almost normal. (I hope) But it's taking 4 or 5 hours per day to do what I did in a fraction of that time on an operating system that I was familiar with.
Should you change to Windows 10 from Windows 7? I sure as heck wouldn't have if I wasn't forced to. (I already had a touch screen) Windows 10 (Surface Pro 3) 12 inch tablet which I hadn't learned how to use yet. But did not have a backup Windows 7 laptop when my 3 year old Windows 7, (15 inch) Dell Laptop failed.
So I was forced to try Windows 10, and as I said above, it's not that bad, maybe it might be really great, I just don't know yet.

johanson / Moderator

Oct 21, 2015, 2:52 PM

Post #4 of 4 (5354 views)

Shortcut

Windows 10 really isn't that bad. But it took a week for me to learn that.
Chances are that when I get my 15 inch, Windows 7 laptop back, I will be using it about 50% of the time. Who knows what this old man will like best in three months. For that matter who cares, it doesn't really matter. :)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4