Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

bajabuddha

Oct 10, 2015, 5:09 PM

Post #1 of 1 (5221 views)

Shortcut

The FNG on the block

Can't Post | Private Reply
Howdy, Mexconnect. I'm the 'new guy' to the site, so thought I'd jot a few words of hello. Started Mexico travelling in '83 just as a basic 'tourista' to Mazatlán, and fell in love; been travelling it ever since. Next 12 years, northern Sonora and Baja to Puertecitos including (of course) Puerto Peñasco and El Pinacate Park. The last 20 years have been an avid Baja Boonie trailer-trash beach camper, up to 6 months at a time, mainly Mulegé area, solar and hauling water 25 miles from town. The last 4 years of which was in the Sta. Rosalia area.

Meantime, have spent time in Kino and San Carlos (once). Due to health reasons, Kino is looking more favorable to me; am interested in any Kinoans to chat with. Is the old trailer park still alive in Kino Viejo? I'm not into the condos and beach houses of Kino Nuevo; also, any recommendations to a nice comfy motel/hotel preferably Kino Viejo to hang for a week or so and check out what's available? Am disabled/retired w/ 5th wheel. I fish out of a 14' Achilles inflatable, been doing it for 20 years. Boated Kino area about 3 times now, but it's been 5 or 6 years; has progre$$ taken over?

Also, any word on the highway from Naco to Hwy 2 as far as safety is concerned? Last word was ''No-Man's Land" east of Nogales. Yes, I know journalistas write what they want you to hear to sell their wares, but some truth is golden. Thanks in advance,
bb
Cada loco con sú tema.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4