Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

pvpatti

Oct 7, 2015, 12:13 PM

Post #1 of 9 (5220 views)

Shortcut

Issuing factura

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi, my husband and I are teaching English in PV. We have just recieved our perm resident visas and need to issue a factura to the hotel where we have been working for the past few months.

If possible I would like to be able to do this myself instead of paying an accountant. My Spanish is not great so I've been searching through the SAT site with google translate, but as I'm new at this, I'm not totally sure what I'm looking for.

Any help, tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Aaron+

Oct 8, 2015, 9:51 AM

Post #2 of 9 (5131 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pvpatti] Issuing factura

See the discussion at http://www.expatforum.com/...n-really-simple.html

Not clear to me why you need to issue a receipt (factura) to the hotel for your hotel bill. They might want an RFC from you folks to be able to issue you a factura. Oh, and the process is computerized.

Hopefully you indicated to INM, when applying for your permanent residency, that you are working in Mexico. With a RP you are allowed to work, but need to keep INM in the loop. If you did not do inform INM before, time to tell them now. Not that SAT (Hacienda) and INM (Gobernacion) necessarily keep each other informed.

Maesonna

Oct 8, 2015, 12:00 PM

Post #3 of 9 (5112 views)

Shortcut

I donít know if you will find the same thing in PV but here in Mexico City, the people at the SAT office are actually quite helpful if you go there in person. You might want to find someone who could go with you to help you with the Spanish, though.

For myself, I feel it is well worth paying an accountant for help, since bookkeeping and accounting are one of my weakest points. If you donít want it to be an ongoing expense, you could consider someone who will support you in going with you to the SAT office and get you started, and after that you could do it on your own.

pvpatti

Oct 8, 2015, 4:52 PM

Post #4 of 9 (5077 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aaron+] Issuing factura

Thanks for the info. The factura is not for our hotel bill, it is for the English classes for the staff we have been doing.

pvpatti

Oct 8, 2015, 4:54 PM

Post #5 of 9 (5076 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maesonna] Issuing factura

Thanks, I think you may be right about the accountant. We have an appointment with SAT next week and have someone going with to help interpret. Hopefully they will be equally as helpful here in PV!

rockydog85251

Oct 8, 2015, 6:51 PM

Post #6 of 9 (5060 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Aaron+] Issuing factura

When I was working, I had a great accountant...I would never have been able to make heads or tails of the Mexican tax codes and NOB I had been an accountant. I'm thinking that with the new ways of doing facturas, that it might be even more complicated. Go for the peace of mind that using a competent accountant will give you.
Willie

onebusyman

Oct 9, 2015, 12:53 PM

Post #7 of 9 (5001 views)

Shortcut

I've been two times to the SAT office in Vallarta and both times I was amazed at how well they are organized and how smoothly the process seems to work. Last time I saw 4 different people but each person let me know what the next step of the process would be and made sure I had a number as I sat and waited for the next person to see me. Having an appointment helps I think and when you walk in the door there are two lines, appointment and no appointment.

So far I have been reporting my small income every two months with no problems but just received a notice from them that I'm missing a step in the on-line reporting. I may need to go see them to see what I'm doing wrong. I have issued one factura to a customer and the on-line process was somewhat cumbersome and needed very specific information from my customer. I finally did get it done.

Best of luck....

pvpatti

Oct 9, 2015, 1:09 PM

Post #8 of 9 (4994 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] Issuing factura

Thanks rockydog. Think I will take your advice. I have a couple of referrals for local accountants to consult with.
Thanks!

hunteradvisor

Oct 10, 2015, 4:20 AM

Post #9 of 9 (4931 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rockydog85251] Issuing factura

Rick Ashley CPA lives in PV and prepares taxes.
Pm me if you want his contact info.
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4