Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

bronco

Oct 22, 2015, 2:42 PM

Post #26 of 43 (4681 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] Questions re immigrating

| Private Reply
looks like you are finally "getting it"- this is the smartest comment you have made. these chips were discussed on the US news several years ago, on one of the major stations. kind of a propaganda sell kind of thing. ("you can find lost children...", how nice). it was mentioned way before that on one of the the so called "right wing" conpiracy theory alternate news internet braodcasts (alex jones). no thanks, i wont be chipped. what will they do? round us up? force us? my feeling is that the chip will be in the card. added info: a mexican american told me about 6 years back that they will implant chips. (this surpasses an airport scanner brings it to a new level). im keeping a low profile on this one. certainly makes a good case for been alifetime tourist!

(This post was edited by bronco on Oct 22, 2015, 3:02 PM)

bronco

Oct 22, 2015, 2:55 PM

Post #27 of 43 (4680 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
the difference is: comparing a 5 star resturant w/white tableclothes fine china to fast food. or cheap walmart clothes made in china compared to well tailored clothes. oh never mind, this one doute you would pickup on. the card doesnt even fit into the wallet. prefere xerox copies of documents, just fold up. card reminds me of what the supermarket employees have pinned on thier shirts in the US. the book was old world very attractive. i kept it in a seperate leather binder. the photos were black&white flattering, if thats possible. the cheesy drugstore photos were well, cheesy. it is ovious that the book was very expensive to produce. the chip could have been added to the book, so thats not the issue.

cbviajero

Oct 22, 2015, 5:21 PM

Post #28 of 43 (4660 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bronco] Questions re immigrating

| Private Reply

In Reply To
looks like you are finally "getting it"- this is the smartest comment you have made. these chips were discussed on the US news several years ago, on one of the major stations. kind of a propaganda sell kind of thing. ("you can find lost children...", how nice). it was mentioned way before that on one of the the so called "right wing" conpiracy theory alternate news internet braodcasts (alex jones). no thanks, i wont be chipped. what will they do? round us up? force us? my feeling is that the chip will be in the card. added info: a mexican american told me about 6 years back that they will implant chips. (this surpasses an airport scanner brings it to a new level). im keeping a low profile on this one. certainly makes a good case for been alifetime tourist!

Hi bronco
I think Playaboy' s post was tongue in cheek,I know my reply to it was...

bronco

Oct 24, 2015, 1:58 PM

Post #29 of 43 (4555 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
wouldnt surprise me if they chipped us. there is some contraption @ airport that looks into the iris of the eye. if thats not bigbrother, i dont know what is. if chipping your body saves $, well....who knows?? i think this was discussed by diane sawyer.

playaboy

Oct 24, 2015, 6:57 PM

Post #30 of 43 (4527 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Bronco you are so right about being worried.

FYI, an iris scan is similar to fingerprinting, just cleaner. The USA has been scanning foreigners iris's at international airports for years. They have amassed a huge database of information.

According to my friend, who's cousin is an INM official, the Mexican government is planning to implant subdermal chips on all immigrants. These chips will store your "file" on them. The chip's information can be downloaded or updated by government officials. It also can keep a record of your movements. The chip might include an emergency cell phone type connection to a 911 operator.

No more booklets or plastic cards. It will make crossing the border easier and faster. INM will automatically scan you as you walk by entering or leaving the country.

You will not have a choice about it. It will either be "get chipped or leave Mexico".

If this technology proves successful on Expats, the plan is to start implanting chips on Mexican babies and children. In 50 years every Mexican will be chipped.

Hey Bronco, maybe Spencer will share his knowledge and can shed some light on this.

The funding for chip and computer upgrades is coming from the USA and Canada as part of a NAFTA trade deal.

(This post was edited by playaboy on Oct 24, 2015, 7:04 PM)

addtocart

Oct 25, 2015, 6:31 AM

Post #31 of 43 (4478 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] Questions re immigrating

|
Looks like I need to dust off my tin foil hat.

cbviajero

Oct 25, 2015, 8:43 AM

Post #32 of 43 (4465 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
These chips will store your "file" on them. The chip's information can be downloaded or updated by government officials. It also can keep a record of your movements.

They should have chipped El Chapo.

La Isla

Oct 25, 2015, 9:50 AM

Post #33 of 43 (4450 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To

In Reply To
These chips will store your "file" on them. The chip's information can be downloaded or updated by government officials. It also can keep a record of your movements.

Great comment!

cbviajero

Oct 25, 2015, 9:56 AM

Post #34 of 43 (4448 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Questions re immigrating

| Private Reply
It's not fool proof,when (El Jefe Diego),a big time PAN politician, was supposedly kidnapped his chip was removed and left on the side of a road where the police located it,true story.

(This post was edited by cbviajero on Oct 25, 2015, 10:37 AM)

rvgringo

Oct 25, 2015, 10:17 AM

Post #35 of 43 (4437 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
I am so glad that Playaboy mentioned that the chips would help the government keep track of our movements. As expats retire and age, they become geriatrics and are prone to irregular movements requiring such monitoring and occasional intervention. A rare few are regular.

playaboy

Oct 25, 2015, 11:07 AM

Post #36 of 43 (4419 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To

In Reply To

The government would have chipped El Chapo if they wanted to keep him.

bronco

Oct 25, 2015, 11:36 AM

Post #37 of 43 (4416 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
NAFTA was the beginning & the highway that was built between mex&canada. get ready for the "north american union". around that time ('07 or so) either CNN or MSNBC talked about chips. the emphasis was for children. (incase they were lost or kidnapped). ofcause the news commentator thought it was a good idea. (that was the 1st promo). besides the chips we will have a cashless society. if this happens in our life time remains to be seen. btw, the airport scan/iris thing is optional. (i never did that). you can have an "enhanced" patdown instead, @ the descreation of the TSA worker. isnt this fun? my feeling is this chip thing will not happen so fast. most people would be happy to submit to it, for the privilege of living in mexico. (or driving down as a tourist). the majority of the population is obedient, & would never miss a few months in paradise.

bronco

Oct 25, 2015, 11:42 AM

Post #38 of 43 (4411 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
yes, alex jones "info wars" was correct. @ one time he was right about 50% of the time. now its 90&. the conspiracy theories of 10 years ago are a reality today. its the globalist agenda.

cbviajero

Oct 25, 2015, 11:49 AM

Post #39 of 43 (4406 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
El Jefe Diego's chip cost 46,000 pesos back in 2004 and to keep it operating cost another 23.000 pesos per year,
I hope we're not burdened with that kind of cost.
Google,"Hallan el chip que llevaba El Jefe",for for more info.

(This post was edited by cbviajero on Oct 25, 2015, 3:28 PM)

bronco

Oct 25, 2015, 12:47 PM

Post #40 of 43 (4397 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
the elite will not get "chipped'. thats a given. this makes a good case for keeping $ under the mattress. someday the anti chip folks will be the same as the climate deniers, nationalists, libertarians. put me on the "watch list"! this chip thing will be promoted "for your own good"- "keeps criminals out of mexico- dont you feel safer now" ? cant wait to read the lakeside forums when the chipping begins. hope we didnt scare off the OP, or go off topic too much.

mcm

Oct 25, 2015, 2:25 PM

Post #41 of 43 (4370 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
''According to a friend, whose cousin is an INM official..." -- ummm, now that sounds like a really reliable source of information. But also quite typical of many of the ''sources'' of my friends and neighbors. And, you know what? Sometimes those sources are correct (but sometimes they are totally off-the-wall).

playaboy

Oct 25, 2015, 3:59 PM

Post #42 of 43 (4350 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
besides the chips we will have a cashless society. .

Bronco, don't we have a cashless society now, mas o menos? Isn't most things paid for in plastic? Isn't your SSI direct deposited?

Business in the USA do not have to accept cash..Soon no more plastic money either. How about all your bank accounts being accessible from your chip? Pay with your chip.

bronco

Oct 25, 2015, 7:09 PM

Post #43 of 43 (4321 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
they are still printing $, so thats good. but we are on the way to chipping across the board. anything "centralized" bother me. i like options, privacy, what ever. since there are so many little stores/foodstands in mexico, cash will still be around. no ones implanting a chip in me, thats for sure. so we went way off topic.
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4