Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Mexicanbill

Sep 16, 2015, 6:40 AM

Post #1 of 5 (4515 views)

Shortcut

Temporary Resid. Card Paperwork Question

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am married to a Mexican Citizen and about to start the process to get the Temp. Residency Card.
We have our marriage lic. and it is properly stamped plus my passport photos and the passport
pictures required. Is there any other paperwork I will need during the process.
My wife does own land here in Mexico and we are living here now, however I am on the 180 day
visa and wish to make the change and at this time we have no plans to return north.
Chef William aka MexicanBill

YucaLandia

Sep 16, 2015, 7:06 AM

Post #2 of 5 (4506 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mexicanbill] Temporary Resid. Card Paperwork Question

They generally ask for a comprabante (copy of a water company bill or CFE bill) to confirm your address. They may require a letter from your spouse certifying that she will be fiscally responsible for you (though not all offices ask for this). They may require you provide a letter signed by 2 other Mexican citizens certifying you are an upstanding person. Only some INM offices add the requirements for these 2 letters ...

They may also ask that your marriage be approved by a Mexican state's Registro Civil office. (US or Canadian marriages are not necessarily recognized by the Mexican government. They may ask that you bring a letter formally requesting - applying - for a Residente Temporal visa under the Vinculo Familiar program.

Read more details about Vinculo Familiar at: http://yucalandia.com/...Residente%20Temporal

Happy Trails,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Sep 16, 2015, 7:07 AM)

Mexicanbill

Sep 16, 2015, 7:15 AM

Post #3 of 5 (4498 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Temporary Resid. Card Paperwork Question

Thanks Steve, None of those letters will be all that hard for me to get. I did have a birth certificate from the states that had the apostille stamp but we misplaced it. I was hoping that the passport was enough ID. I would hate to take the house apart looking for the birth certificate.
Chef William aka MexicanBill

YucaLandia

Sep 16, 2015, 7:40 AM

Post #4 of 5 (4489 views)

Shortcut

Hopefully, the only letter needed is your request for Residente Temporal. Be sure to include the
"Bajo protesta de decir verdad." clause.

steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

AlanMexicali

Sep 16, 2015, 9:00 AM

Post #5 of 5 (4480 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
I am married to a Mexican Citizen and about to start the process to get the Temp. Residency Card.
We have our marriage lic. and it is properly stamped plus my passport photos and the passport
pictures required. Is there any other paperwork I will need during the process.
My wife does own land here in Mexico and we are living here now, however I am on the 180 day
visa and wish to make the change and at this time we have no plans to return north.

Your first time in they will give your a form printed out that has many required things under the Vinculo Familiar processing and circle the things they want you to bring or go get for your next trip to their office. If it isnīt on the form they will hand print it on the bottom and circle it. No guessing and no way around it. As Steve mentioned they might require some things extra and they might want bank statements from you but it is not required by law and if they want them they do not need to be a specific or minuum amount. They might want to see how you pay the bills only. It could be $300 dollars per month coming into your account and be fine etc.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Sep 16, 2015, 9:38 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4