Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

maryellen1952

Aug 26, 2015, 11:01 AM

Post #1 of 3 (4327 views)

Shortcut

Mexico 2nd Top Destination for Expats

Can't Post | Private Reply
Mexico is listed as 2nd destination. I've been to Ecuador and don't understand why expats go there instead. I found it much more expensive than Mexico as it's pegged on the U.S. Dollar. Or perhaps it's just because I love Mexico!
https://www.internations.org/expat-insider

Mexico tops the charts in the Ease of Settling In Index this year, due to the easygoing culture and friendly populace. It is easy to get used to the local culture, say over four out of five expats (82%), their mouths probably full of tacos.
https://www.internations.org/...-insider/2015/mexico

(This post was edited by RickS on Aug 26, 2015, 7:50 PM)

roberb7

Aug 28, 2015, 6:40 PM

Post #2 of 3 (4193 views)

Shortcut

Re: [maryellen1952] Mexico 2nd Top Destination for Expats

It's important to understand that this survey is for all expats, not just US and Canadian ones. I was initially surprised to see Malta at #3 on this list. I learned from some quick research that a lot of British retirees go there. (Good climate, and English-speaking). It's in the EEC, and it isn't a lot more difficult to move from one EEC country to another than to move from one state or province to another. Malta also gets a significant number of refugees; no idea whether they were included in the survey.

citlali

Sep 4, 2015, 2:40 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3821 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roberb7] Mexico 2nd Top Destination for Expats

There are about 5000 Brits living in Malta and about 20 000 foreigners living there the total population is 423 000 so you t

ell me how they are number 3??

Just to take another country that is way below the list and that I am pretty familiar with France. 66millions inhabitants 225 000 of which are foreigners .

I would love to know what that survey is really counting but the number 3 for expats makes no sense wether the expats are English speaking or immigrants.

Many of the islands off southern Europe or Africa are full of Brits so nothing surprising about Brits in Malta or the Baleares or any other island, they are all escaping their wonderful climate.

The figures including immigrants are changing from day to day right now so I doubts immigrants are included.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4