Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Ty

Aug 21, 2015, 12:07 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3644 views)

Shortcut

Opinion on "bootlegged" recordings

Can't Post | Private Reply
I have a lot of cassettes with music complications that I have put together. I know you may say "what, still listening to cassettes?" but seriously, I have such a music collection that I hate to get rid of these cassettes. Please give me your opinions or knowledge on whether these (what could be considered) "bootlegged" cassettes might be seized at customs if I make them part of my Menaje de Casa. If so, I'll just have to find another way to get them to Mexico!

DigYourself

Aug 21, 2015, 1:22 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3628 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ty] Opinion on "bootlegged" recordings

Can't Post |
When we came across the border at Laredo - towing a small enclosed trailer - early on a Sunday morning we were asked to open the rear door of the trailer and remove/open a few boxes. We were not asked to unload the trailer. The menaje we had prepared declared a lot more stuff than we actually brought with us. We were not realistic as to what we could fit in the trailer - to the benefit of our neighbors/charities back in the US.

cbviajero

Aug 21, 2015, 3:51 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3599 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Ty] Opinion on "bootlegged" recordings

I don't think that you'll have a problem with your cassettes,most of the CDs sold here are bootlegged.

Ty

Aug 21, 2015, 4:20 PM

Post #4 of 4 (3593 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] Opinion on "bootlegged" recordings

ha ha, I know, I bought some of those bootlegged CDs myself years ago. I've since ripped them to my computer though.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4