Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring


Aug 15, 2015, 9:50 AM

Post #1 of 1 (4781 views)


Changing from a Work Visa to a regular Residente Temporal

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi all! Hope you're having a good weekend.

I'm into my 2nd year of a Resident Temporal con Permiso para Trabajar. Just renewed it for the first couple time a couple of months ago.

I currently work full-time for a Mexican company. I am considering quitting this company and taking up contracting offers with companies based in the US (I work in IT). I'd like to stay in Mexico though.

My question is: is it possible to switch from a Work visa to a regular Residente Temporal? Presumably I would have to show the same things everyone else does when applying for a non-work Residente Temporal: savings or foreign income over a certain amount?

I suspect this may be quite difficult if not impossible. I'm also considering remaining part-time with my current company or a new company, and staying on the Work Visa that way.

I understand that, once my former company informs INM I'm no longer working there, I'll have 30 days to report to INM this change myself. Is that correct?

If anyone has any experience in this area, I would greatly appreciate your advice!


Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4