Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

kmetzger

Aug 4, 2015, 7:27 AM

Post #1 of 3 (5058 views)

Shortcut

How to import a machine

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm thinking about importing a woodturning lathe from the US that weighs about 230 lbs. I found a customs broker online - Grupo Ei - but after filling out the form to request a quote I was informed that their service is only for corporate addresses. Does anyone know of a freight forwarder/customs broker that deals with ordinary people?

DigYourself

Aug 4, 2015, 7:54 AM

Post #2 of 3 (5048 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kmetzger] How to import a machine

Can't Post |
I'd suggest giving Aduna a call - ask their advice and request some agent referrals.

telefónica 01 800 46 36 728

http://www.aduanas.sat.gob.mx/...Transportistas_1.htm

soylent_green

Aug 4, 2015, 9:11 AM

Post #3 of 3 (5027 views)

Shortcut

Re: [kmetzger] How to import a machine

Can't Post | Private Reply

In Reply To
I'm thinking about importing a woodturning lathe from the US that weighs about 230 lbs. I found a customs broker online - Grupo Ei - but after filling out the form to request a quote I was informed that their service is only for corporate addresses. Does anyone know of a freight forwarder/customs broker that deals with ordinary people?

230 lbs- probably should look into air freight. Over-the-road LTL trucking might be just as expensive and much longer transit time

Customs broker really depends where you are in Mexico and which gateway it is to cross at. Again, if by air, then find an air freight forwarder.

You should look for the services of a "comercializadora". They act on your behalf as the registered importer of record. Once in Mexico, they make the transaction and turn title of the property over to you. They charge a fee for their service, but well worth it.

A good customs broker or air freight forwarder should be able to recommend to you a decent "comercializadora".

just my opinion, sometimes its best to get it locally and avoid all the duties, taxes, fees, and transportation costs that importing implies.

(This post was edited by soylent_green on Aug 4, 2015, 9:17 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4