Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

elpasotom

Aug 1, 2015, 11:38 AM

Post #1 of 10 (5483 views)

Shortcut

VISA problems in El Paso

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello Everyone,
I have been to the Mexican consulate several times in past months inquiring about a Residente Permanente visa. He was very reluctant to provide any information as he said that I just should get the 6 month FMM's every 6 months because I live with my partner in Cd. Juarez right across the border. I finally took my partner with me to interpret and explain my situation, i.e. I want to buy property there without additional paperwork, not having to get a new FMM once I pass the "free zone" checkpoint south of Cd. Juarez, etc and finally, he reluctantly stated I can only get a Residente temporal.
My situation is: I want to get a RP card because of the benefits it has over a RT card and I eventually want to apply for Mexican citizenship through naturalization. I receive regular income that meets both the RT and the RP requirements and can easily prove that through bank statements. My question is: how can I convince this one guy at the consulate in El Paso (there is nobody else that mans the visa counter there) that I want a RP card? Or, is there some other way I can get the RP card after I get my 30 day RT visa easily and not lose years of time to naturalize as a Mexican citizen. Please help. Nobody seems to be willing to assist me with this process.

cbviajero

Aug 1, 2015, 12:04 PM

Post #2 of 10 (5477 views)

Shortcut

Re: [elpasotom] VISA problems in El Paso

Try the consulate in Laredo,other people have had good results there.

chicois8

Aug 1, 2015, 12:30 PM

Post #3 of 10 (5467 views)

Shortcut

You can buy real estate in Mexico with only an FMM tourist permit.......
Rincon de Guayabitos,Nayarit
San Mateo, California

elpasotom

Aug 1, 2015, 12:50 PM

Post #4 of 10 (5466 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] VISA problems in El Paso

What documents will I have to bring to Laredo?

chinagringo

Aug 1, 2015, 2:58 PM

Post #5 of 10 (5441 views)

Shortcut

Would Laredo or Albuquerque be closer for you? Our dealings with the Mexican Consulate have been pleasant and without hassle.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

AlanMexicali

Aug 1, 2015, 3:16 PM

Post #6 of 10 (5436 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Hello Everyone,
I have been to the Mexican consulate several times in past months inquiring about a Residente Permanente visa. He was very reluctant to provide any information as he said that I just should get the 6 month FMM's every 6 months because I live with my partner in Cd. Juarez right across the border. I finally took my partner with me to interpret and explain my situation, i.e. I want to buy property there without additional paperwork, not having to get a new FMM once I pass the "free zone" checkpoint south of Cd. Juarez, etc and finally, he reluctantly stated I can only get a Residente temporal.
My situation is: I want to get a RP card because of the benefits it has over a RT card and I eventually want to apply for Mexican citizenship through naturalization. I receive regular income that meets both the RT and the RP requirements and can easily prove that through bank statements. My question is: how can I convince this one guy at the consulate in El Paso (there is nobody else that mans the visa counter there) that I want a RP card? Or, is there some other way I can get the RP card after I get my 30 day RT visa easily and not lose years of time to naturalize as a Mexican citizen. Please help. Nobody seems to be willing to assist me with this process.

If your income is from a job in El Paso they have decided not to accept first timers for a RP visa lately only a RT and in one year if you added a work permit to the RT they ask for financial solvency to renew the RT for 1 to 3 years.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Aug 1, 2015, 3:41 PM)

DigYourself

Aug 1, 2015, 3:35 PM

Post #7 of 10 (5431 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] VISA problems in El Paso

Can't Post |
A little off topic perhaps - but I'd like to throw these out there anyway
- Once a PR always a PR ? Never again do you need to provide financial info ?
- Once a PR - and seeking nationalization (after 5 years) - does the topic of financial competency come up ?
- Anyone ever get citizenship earlier than 5 years ?

Thanks

AlanMexicali

Aug 1, 2015, 3:48 PM

Post #8 of 10 (5425 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cuerna1] VISA problems in El Paso

In Reply To
- Once a PR - and seeking nationalization (after 5 years) - does the topic of financial competency come up ?

Thanks

I got a RT visa more than 2 1/2 years ago through the "Vinculo Familiar" law and then in Dec. got my RP both without financial solvency and have read I can apply for naturailization 6 months before 2 years after getting the RP. Other posters have stated I can apply now because I already had a RT for 2 years and now a RP. I didnīt look up the rules as I probably will not apply anytime soon, if ever.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Aug 1, 2015, 3:49 PM)

playaboy

Aug 1, 2015, 6:05 PM

Post #9 of 10 (5397 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Hello Everyone,

Just go to a different consulate. You very well will get different results.
I am sure you looked at the post titled "Residente Temporal & Permanente Income Requirements" on this page. Show them your financials and tell them just enough information to get your RP. No more and less than you posted above.

You can't fight that bureaucrat and win, just move to another one

YucaLandia

Aug 1, 2015, 6:10 PM

Post #10 of 10 (5394 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cuerna1] VISA problems in El Paso

In Reply To

Thanks

Once a PR , always a PR.
No need to ever provide financial info.
No need for proving personal fiscal solvency to qualify for citizenship.
Yes, many foreigners who are (Registro Civil approved) spouses of Mexicans get citizenship after 2 years of PR.

Happy Trails,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4