Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

dorabell

Jul 24, 2015, 12:20 PM

Post #1 of 4 (3544 views)

Shortcut

Residente Temporal Question

Can't Post | Private Reply
I applied for and received a residente temporal visa based on meeting basic income guidelines. When I received my visa, "permiso para trabajar" is indicated near the bottom under my curp number. I'm wondering why this is or if it is normal. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?

The visa is valid for four year.

(This post was edited by dorabell on Jul 24, 2015, 12:24 PM)

rvgringo

Jul 24, 2015, 3:11 PM

Post #2 of 4 (3521 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dorabell] Residente Temporal Question

Something sounds strange, unless you did apply for permission to work, or have an employer supporting your visa application.
Since you have the actual card, I would return to INM and ask your questions there. Usually, the first Residente Temporal is valid for only one year and must be renewed for the following 3 years.
Do you have any other qualifying situations that might affect your visa?

dorabell

Jul 24, 2015, 4:50 PM

Post #3 of 4 (3504 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Residente Temporal Question

No, I did not apply for permission to work. Actually, I received my visa almost two years ago but only started to question why it stated I had permission to work when a friend showed me hers, and it did not include this. Additionally, I had heard after the fact that some people where being limited their first time into immigration to one year followed by three years the next time. I didn't experience this restriction and was able to pay for and receive four years my first time in the office. Maybe because I applied for and received my visa immediately after the news laws came into play. Nothing in the paperwork I submitted suggested I intended to work or had a job offer. Furthermore I have never worked and come and go from Mexico without problems. Strange.

YucaLandia

Jul 25, 2015, 4:40 AM

Post #4 of 4 (3462 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dorabell] Residente Temporal Question

In the sometimes capricious world of government bureaucracies, you came out a winner.
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Jul 25, 2015, 4:41 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4