Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

jeffie1

Jul 13, 2015, 1:50 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3792 views)

Shortcut

Used IBC Totes Source

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hello: I'm trying to locate a source for used, food grade IBC Totes here in Mexico. I prefer the 275 gallon but will take the 330 gallon if that's all that is available. I just need 2 or 3 to use as fish tanks. Any leads would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff

donemry

Jul 15, 2015, 7:34 AM

Post #2 of 5 (3729 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jeffie1] Used IBC Totes Source

I think I know what you are talking about, but if you posted/linked a picture, you might get a better response.

jeffie1

Jul 15, 2015, 7:50 AM

Post #3 of 5 (3724 views)

Shortcut

Re: [donemry] Used IBC Totes Source

Great point Don!

Here is a link that shows a picture of an IBC Tote (Intermediate Bulk Container)

http://www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com/used-275-gallon-totes-ibc.php

which is defined as a reusable industrial container designed for the transport and storage of bulk liquid and granulate substances (e.g. chemicals, food ingredients, solvents, pharmaceuticals, etc.). Intermediate bulk containers are stackable containers mounted on a pallet that are designed to be moved using a forklift or a pallet jack.

Thank you for your comment.
Jeff

(This post was edited by RickS on Jul 15, 2015, 12:22 PM)

AlanMexicali

Jul 15, 2015, 8:07 AM

Post #4 of 5 (3720 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Great point Don!

Here is a link that shows a picture of an IBC Tote (Intermediate Bulk Container)

http://www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com/used-275-gallon-totes-ibc.php

which is defined as a reusable industrial container designed for the transport and storage of bulk liquid and granulate substances (e.g. chemicals, food ingredients, solvents, pharmaceuticals, etc.). Intermediate bulk containers are stackable containers mounted on a pallet that are designed to be moved using a forklift or a pallet jack.

Thank you for your comment.
Jeff

I looked at the photo. I see them being sold in lots and warehouses in the same area as the "Abastos" or fruit and vegetable etc. wholesales that each government has built in all municipalities in Mexico.

mattoleriver

Jul 15, 2015, 6:34 PM

Post #5 of 5 (3664 views)

Shortcut

I got mine at a dairy farm (teat wash) in Oregon but that's probably not going to help you. Maybe something here is closer to your neighborhood. MercadoLibre
Fruit and vegetable processing plants may also be a place to check out.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4