Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

tonyburton

Jun 12, 2015, 9:05 AM

Post #1 of 10 (19836 views)

Shortcut

Artists and Authors associated with Lake Chapala

Can't Post | Private Reply
Shameless self-promotion, but I think many readers of this forum may still be unaware of my on-going project to provide mini-bios of many of the writers and artists associated with Lake Chapala.
So far, I've written about 100 mini-bios, viewable at http://sombrerobooks.com/ [or via https://www.facebook.com/lakechapalaartists]
I'm adding about two more bios each week. At this rate, I estimate project completion sometime in 2018...
They are appearing in no particular order and are almost exclusively about writers and artists who are no longer with us.
I hope you will take a look, maybe add new information via the comments feature at the end of each post, and generally enjoy reading more about the range of amazing people who at one time or another have made their home at Lake Chapala.

No checa andar de tacuche

Jun 12, 2015, 10:49 AM

Post #2 of 10 (19819 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Artists and Authors associated with Lake Chapala

Fantastic website

johanson

Jun 12, 2015, 3:40 PM

Post #3 of 10 (19794 views)

Shortcut

Yes. All kinds of great and very interesting posts. Again Thanks for all of the info.

tonyburton

Jun 12, 2015, 3:43 PM

Post #4 of 10 (19792 views)

Shortcut

Re: [No checa andar de tacuche] Artists and Authors associated with Lake Chapala

Thanks! Much appreciated.

tonyburton

Jun 12, 2015, 3:44 PM

Post #5 of 10 (19790 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Artists and Authors associated with Lake Chapala

Thanks, Pete - glad you enjoyed them! A couple more are added each week, so hope you will enjoy those as well.

tonyburton

Nov 19, 2015, 1:12 PM

Post #6 of 10 (16363 views)

Shortcut

Given the slow-down in traffic, I'm bumping this up to the top for a while - since the original post, I've added another fifty or so posts about artists and authors associated with Lake Chapala.
List of artists profiled, as of 1 Nov 2015: http://sombrerobooks.com/?page_id=2667
List of authors profiled, as of 1 Nov 2015: http://sombrerobooks.com/?page_id=2387
As always, comments welcomed... enjoy!

Gringal

Nov 20, 2015, 6:59 AM

Post #7 of 10 (16318 views)

Shortcut

Would Neill James fit in there somewhere? I seem to recall she did some writing.

tonyburton

Nov 20, 2015, 8:29 AM

Post #8 of 10 (16303 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Artists and Authors associated with Lake Chapala

Yes, Neill James will indeed fit into this project. She has been written about far more than most (having lived in Ajijic for so many years and done so many things during her time there). The current list has something like 650 individuals on it, so it's taking me a while to work my way through (estimated end: 2018?).

Gringal

Nov 20, 2015, 12:14 PM

Post #9 of 10 (16287 views)

Shortcut

Here's a couple of outstanding Mexican artists who not only have given of their time teaching the children at the LCS Childrens Art Program for years, but whose beautiful murals grace the public walls from Ajijic to Chapala. Both of them are still with us on planet Earth. Senors Zaragoza and Jesus Lopez Vega.

tonyburton

Nov 20, 2015, 12:39 PM

Post #10 of 10 (16284 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Artists and Authors associated with Lake Chapala

Yes, fortunately they are still with us, and doing great things.
My initial focus is mainly on those no longer with us, especially those active pre-1980, but the main list certainly also includes the various muralists and artists currently active.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4