Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

cathycjones

Jun 12, 2015, 12:18 PM

Post #1 of 5 (6893 views)

Shortcut

renewing mexican work visa

Can't Post |
I have a Mexican work visa that expires 7/31/15. I've read that it must be renewed within 30 days of the expiration date. I'm assuming that that's 30 calendar days, not business days, which means that I'd need to apply 7/2/15. Can anyone confirm that for me? Please email me directly at: teachercathyj@yahoo.com.

thanks! Cathy

Gracious

Jun 25, 2015, 2:15 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6550 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cathycjones] renewing mexican work visa

Can't Post | Private Reply
is the work visa same as Temporary Residency Visa ? And for how long you can extend your work visa ? Is it like good for 10 years ?

cathycjones

Jun 26, 2015, 5:34 AM

Post #3 of 5 (6500 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gracious] renewing mexican work visa

Can't Post |
Hi Gracious - Thanks for the reply. Yes, the visa is a Temporary Residency Visa with Permission to Work. This is my first time to renew it, yet since it was initially issued for one year and since it is specifically for working, I assume it will be renewed for one year. If it were only a residency visa, perhaps it would be good for a longer period of time.

AlanMexicali

Jun 26, 2015, 8:36 AM

Post #4 of 5 (6478 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cathycjones] renewing mexican work visa

Can't Post | Private Reply

In Reply To
Hi Gracious - Thanks for the reply. Yes, the visa is a Temporary Residency Visa with Permission to Work. This is my first time to renew it, yet since it was initially issued for one year and since it is specifically for working, I assume it will be renewed for one year. If it were only a residency visa, perhaps it would be good for a longer period of time.

I think when you renew it you will have the option of 1, 2 or 3 years as it is first a temporary resident visa and second they have added a "Permiso para Trabajar" and as I understand it they always start first time non family ties immigrants off with a 1 year RT visa/card. I first got a 2 year Residente Temporal because I am married to a Mexican National and then 4 months later changed to a Residente Temporal with a "Permiso para Trabajar" and it expired on the same date as my 2 year visa would have, 20 months later, not 1 year from being approved for a "Permiso para Trabajar".

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jun 26, 2015, 8:36 AM)

cathycjones

Jun 26, 2015, 8:51 AM

Post #5 of 5 (6472 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] renewing mexican work visa

Can't Post |
Thanks for the info. I'll be starting the renewal process next week, so will see how it goes. :-)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4