Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

addtocart

Jun 2, 2015, 7:21 AM

Post #1 of 71 (6901 views)

Shortcut

For those of you with UCD plates...

|
For the people who fell for the UCD method of keeping your cars here, Sonia has an interesting post on her Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/...onia/252211011634302

Gringal

Jun 2, 2015, 7:33 AM

Post #2 of 71 (6897 views)

Shortcut

Re: [addtocart] For those of you with UCD plates...

| Private Reply
"If it looks too good to be true............."

Right now, I heard there is a moratorium on nationalizing cars at the border. There are some people who are are honest and reliable who will buy your car and take it North. Some of them post on here, so a search could work.
If I'm wrong about that moratorium, please correct me.

playaboy

Jun 2, 2015, 9:52 AM

Post #3 of 71 (6869 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] For those of you with UCD plates...

| Private Reply
There is no moratorium. 2006=07 NAFTA built cars can be imported at the border by Mexicans (presta nombre?). Takes about 3 days. Virtual imports are all dead in the water.

cbviajero

Jun 2, 2015, 9:58 AM

Post #4 of 71 (6865 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Google (ucd fraude guanajuato) for more info on the UCD.

playaboy

Jun 2, 2015, 6:54 PM

Post #5 of 71 (6801 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] For those of you with UCD plates...

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Google (ucd fraude guanajuato) for more info on the UCD.

There has been corruption and fraud going on at a lot UCD branches all over Mexico. It has been going on for years. A lot longer than our expat car issues have been around.

Some of the articles go back over a decade. Quite a few articles are from the last 18 months.

My Spanglish isn't great but it seem most of the articles relate to auto nationalization problems and ongoing leadership battles. When you google the people named in the articles you find a lot more corruption articles.

I wonder what caused the Federales to start enforcing the "real" car registration laws?

chinagringo

Jun 2, 2015, 7:48 PM

Post #6 of 71 (6791 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] For those of you with UCD plates...

| Private Reply
"I wonder what caused the Federales to start enforcing the "real" car registration laws?"

Could it be that the Federales have recognized that various "fascillitators" have been bending, twisting or otherwise manipulating the laws for their own personal monetary benefit?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

playaboy

Jun 2, 2015, 7:54 PM

Post #7 of 71 (6788 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] For those of you with UCD plates...

| Private Reply

In Reply To
"I wonder what caused the Federales to start enforcing the "real" car registration laws?"

Could it be that the Federales have recognized that various "fascillitators" have been bending, twisting or otherwise manipulating the laws for their own personal monetary benefit?

I don't think the Federales even know that facilitators exist. There must be another reason. Someone "Upstairs" must have ordered this.

chinagringo

Jun 3, 2015, 7:24 AM

Post #8 of 71 (6742 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Just one of many articles regarding UCD fraud:

http://translate.google.com/...egion%26Itemid%3D729

As always, how you choose to interpret and apply this information is up to you.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

playaboy

Jun 4, 2015, 5:15 AM

Post #9 of 71 (6658 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] For those of you with UCD plates...

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Just one of many articles regarding UCD fraud:

http://translate.google.com/...egion%26Itemid%3D729

As always, how you choose to interpret and apply this information is up to you.

That article is very recent. 7000 cars with bad paperwork working with UCD Coahuilla is a lot of cars.

Here is another article from April where UCD is refunding money to people caught up in the nationalizcion mess.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Felreporterodetamaulipas.com%2F2015%2F04%2F15%2Fucd-suspende-nacionalizacion-de-vehiculos-americanos%2F.

addtocart

Jun 4, 2015, 6:22 AM

Post #10 of 71 (6641 views)

Shortcut

|
I guess you gotta hand it to Sonia for posting this on her own Facebook, since she has been touting UCD as the answer to the car problem for a long time. She could have just hoped no one noticed.

slainte39

Jun 4, 2015, 10:43 PM

Post #11 of 71 (6574 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

Some people are conspicuous by their absence.
Since a frequent poster on this board only claims nationalizing/legalizing 89 cars, you can not be laying blame for 7,000.

(This post was edited by slainte39 on Jun 4, 2015, 10:52 PM)

AlanMexicali

Jun 5, 2015, 7:37 AM

Post #12 of 71 (6544 views)

Shortcut

Re: [slainte39] For those of you with UCD plates...

| Private Reply

In Reply To

Some people are conspicuous by their absence.
Since a frequent poster on this board only claims nationalizing/legalizing 89 cars, you can not be laying blame for 7,000.

I really wonder when ADUANA fines those involved in the many fraudulant nationalizations and especially the amparos that were issued by importers given by paid off federal judges etc. what will they do with the Pedimentos of all these vehicles. Will they ignore how they were actually gotten by used car dealers and individuals or cancel some or work out a fine to keep them legal etc.?

playaboy

Jun 5, 2015, 7:44 AM

Post #13 of 71 (6543 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
If you search out articles online you will find that many recent news stories show a pattern of corruption and abuse. In the last 2 years, since the expat car issues started, there are many articles about UCD.

Here is another article I found dated right before the Aduana shutdown.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.oem.com.mx%2Felsoldeleon%2Fnotas%2Fn3502409.htm

Has anyone found out why the Federales are now going after UCD plated vehicles? Could it be that the States want their license and registration money? Tamaulipus UCD is refunding money to clients, are other State UCD going to start refunding money soon?

slainte39

Jun 5, 2015, 8:02 AM

Post #14 of 71 (6535 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Maybe Sonia will enlighten the public as she claims to be well connected to UCD.....and Aduana.

playaboy

Jun 5, 2015, 8:25 AM

Post #15 of 71 (6528 views)

Shortcut

Re: [slainte39] For those of you with UCD plates...

| Private Reply
Slainte, I could care less about Sonia/John and their claims. If people like what she/he says and want to follow their advice, they take their chances. She/he quit posting here. Let's not make this thread about them and stick to facts.

Alan, why would the Mexican government make an accommodation to people that tried to side step the legal process of nationalizing? I would think a government will fine people for attempting to skirt the process and make them follow the legal procedures.

People that listened to ALL the different facilitators promising nationalization from the comfort of their Lazy Boy got or will ultimately lose their money. Tio Corp, GDL airport with all the different people that claimed to be the "exclusive" facilitator, Mr. UC, the lawyer in Ajijic, and others charged inflated prices and gave them worthless paper. Those are the ones I am familiar with, I am sure there are many others out their screwing people.

It is so predictable for people to look for the easy way out of a tough situation, that they quit using their brains.

Anybody want to guess how many millions of pesos Mexicans and Expats lost the last 2 years using facilitators to nationalize their cars from home?

(This post was edited by playaboy on Jun 5, 2015, 8:27 AM)

AlanMexicali

Jun 5, 2015, 8:56 AM

Post #16 of 71 (6514 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To

Alan, why would the Mexican government make an accommodation to people that tried to side step the legal process of nationalizing? I would think a government will fine people for attempting to skirt the process and make them follow the legal procedures.

People that listened to ALL the different facilitators promising nationalization from the comfort of their Lazy Boy got or will ultimately lose their money. Tio Corp, GDL airport with all the different people that claimed to be the "exclusive" facilitator, Mr. UC, the lawyer in Ajijic, and others charged inflated prices and gave them worthless paper. Those are the ones I am familiar with, I am sure there are many others out their screwing people.

Part 2 of my wondering:

Maybe for fraudulent Pedimentos but I was also wondering about all the importers that got Amparos from the federal judges by paying them off. Will these not be legal Pedimentos but easy for SAT and ADUANA to track them and fine the owners or might the government simply let them stay legal?

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jun 5, 2015, 8:57 AM)

cbviajero

Jun 5, 2015, 9:15 AM

Post #17 of 71 (6502 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To

It is so predictable for people to look for the easy way out of a tough situation, that they quit using their brains.

To be fair,there were supposedly reputable facilitators and brokers like Oscar Angulo and Grupo Cuevas offering those services.
Is it unreasonable that some people thought that by scanning and sending their documents to these brokers on the border that they could virtually import their vehicles?
I doubt that anyone attempting to import their vehicle this way was trying to get over on the Mexican government,personally I would be happy to write the Aduana a check tomorrow...

(This post was edited by cbviajero on Jun 5, 2015, 9:23 AM)

AlanMexicali

Jun 5, 2015, 9:25 AM

Post #18 of 71 (6495 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To

In Reply To

To be fair,there were supposedly reputable facilitators and brokers like Oscar Angulo and Grupo Cuevas offering those services.
Is it unreasonable that some people thought that by scanning and sending their documents to these brokers on the border that they could virtually import their vehicles?

The 2 importers you mentioned did in fact always want the vehicles in their possession at the border. Oscar was quoted very near the end as doing faxed virtual nationalizations by one or two expats. I wonder if that was really the case.

Cuevas Brothers website stated they would nationalize any year vehicle by first getting it exported from the US. Next the owner sells it to a local car dealer in Tamaulipas. They nationalize it for the dealer. Then the owner buys the vehicle from the dealer and pays another 16% IVA. I did not notice where they did virtual nationalizations.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jun 5, 2015, 9:28 AM)

Gringal

Jun 5, 2015, 9:26 AM

Post #19 of 71 (6493 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Yes, I think it's highly unreasonable to suppose that kind of incredible shortcut would be legal, as opposed to taking the vehicle itself to the border.

People need to be very cautious here in Mexico about many things: for instance, when they buy a house in Mexico.
Back in the States, there were 25 or so pages of disclosures legally required when they dealt through R.E. brokers. Here, there is NOTHING. Home inspections? Joke. Builders of new homes? Another joke.

Same deal with "facilitators". What are the requirements to become a "facilitator"? I don't know, and I'll bet few others do.
Lawyers do need credentials. That doesn't mean there aren't a few "lawyers" around who have none.

In Mexico, watch your back and check things yourself. Some people resent the "nanny state" NOB, but the reality is that some of the nannies were checking things for you and protecting you from some financial disasters like have happened to all the folks who have been relieved of their money trying to nationalize their cars.

addtocart

Jun 5, 2015, 9:30 AM

Post #20 of 71 (6489 views)

Shortcut

|
Some of would have been very happy to pay a big fee to the gob'mint at the local Aduana to get the paperwork straight and legal, whether it be to legalize a J-car or just not to have to drive across this country.

playaboy

Jun 5, 2015, 9:31 AM

Post #21 of 71 (6488 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] For those of you with UCD plates...

| Private Reply
Those are tricky questions.

On one hand, there was a legal Amparo in place to allow nationalization outside of normal channels. The people and their cars that were nationalized were done legally using that Amparo. I don't see how the Mexican gvernment could rescind those pedimentos. Then again this is Mexico, so who knows?

The other hand is the corruption, which is not surprising. How does Mexico usually handle corruption? Has anyone heard of anything new since they busted the Judges, Aduana officials, and customs brokers last year?

playaboy

Jun 5, 2015, 9:43 AM

Post #22 of 71 (6484 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
The Governments, Mexico and USA for export, did have very clear cut rules on what can be imported and how to import a used car. Problem is that the Mexican government did not make your ideas on how you wanted to handle this as one of the importing options. It would have been a lot easier on Expats to go to the local Aduana office and pay the pesos to import anything they want, when they want.

(This post was edited by playaboy on Jun 5, 2015, 12:41 PM)

Gringal

Jun 5, 2015, 9:44 AM

Post #23 of 71 (6484 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Of course that's true. I'd rather pay a fat fee to get things legal, too.
The bummer is when a fat fee is paid and people didn't get legal.

Friends went the bad route because the border trip would have been tough on their failing health. Getting old can be the pits. They could ill afford the money they lost in the process.

cbviajero

Jun 5, 2015, 9:56 AM

Post #24 of 71 (6480 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] For those of you with UCD plates...

| Private Reply
Claudia,the person I spoke to last year at Grupo Cuevas told me it was possible,quien sabe..

cbviajero

Jun 5, 2015, 10:12 AM

Post #25 of 71 (6474 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Yes, I think it's highly unreasonable to suppose that kind of incredible shortcut would be legal, as opposed to taking the vehicle itself to the border.

We disagree,it seems perfectly reasonable to me that in this computer/internet age that that sort of (tramite) could be handled locally or even online.
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4