Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

pmfrank

May 31, 2015, 4:36 PM

Post #1 of 9 (3736 views)

Shortcut

Replacing lost Permanent Resident card

Can't Post | Private Reply
Tried a search but no hits. My friend recently lost her purse with her Permanent Resident card inside. Has anyone here gone through the replacement process and if so, what were you required to bring with you to immigration? We know that she must 1st fill out the online form for the replacement card. Thanks in advance

DavidHF

Jun 1, 2015, 6:10 PM

Post #2 of 9 (3660 views)

Shortcut

Re: [pmfrank] Replacing lost Permanent Resident card

You should visit an Abogado in your area who is familiar with the process. If you are Lakeside I recommend Spencer McMullin.

Anonimo

Jun 2, 2015, 12:34 AM

Post #3 of 9 (3633 views)

Shortcut

Your local INM office can tell you what you need.

pmfrank

Jun 2, 2015, 2:47 AM

Post #4 of 9 (3631 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] Replacing lost Permanent Resident card

Using an attorney for a replacement card would be like going to a dentist to have your teeth brushed. The processes, including getting the cards to start with, are too simple.

I realize that Immigration office can tell her what to bring but since she do not live in the immediate area of the office, she would prefer to take what she needs on the 1st trip.

Was hoping that someone on here had actually been through the process before.

DavidHF

Jun 2, 2015, 5:50 AM

Post #5 of 9 (3611 views)

Shortcut

Simply asking an Abogodo who deals with INM issues would get her/you the correct answer. Or, you can hang around here and get little or erroneous information. Your choice.

AlanMexicali

Jun 2, 2015, 6:16 AM

Post #6 of 9 (3608 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Tried a search but no hits. My friend recently lost her purse with her Permanent Resident card inside. Has anyone here gone through the replacement process and if so, what were you required to bring with you to immigration? We know that she must 1st fill out the online form for the replacement card. Thanks in advance

IMO don´t spend money on a lawyer to do something this simple.

First step: Go to "Solicitud de Estancia at this webpage: [ Request for Resident Status]

http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Solicitud_de_Estacia

In the first drop down box select: "Canjear o reponer documento migratorio" [Redeem or replace immigration document]

Second step: In the second drop down box select; "Reposicion de documento migratorio por perdida, robo o deterioro" [ Replacement of immigration document for loss, theft or damage]

Then fill out your data below. Print out the form and take it to your local INM office for processing. They will give you a page and circle the documents, photos and payment you need to process your request. If you don´t have any Spanish ability find someone to transate the paperwork and website request.

There is a possibility they might request a MP [Ministerio Público de la Federación - Procuraduría General] report, of the theft if you admit it was stolen. If you admit that you lost it, who knows?

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jun 2, 2015, 6:27 AM)

AlanMexicali

Jun 2, 2015, 6:38 AM

Post #7 of 9 (3595 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] Replacing lost Permanent Resident card

In Reply To
Simply asking an Abogodo who deals with INM issues would get her/you the correct answer. Or, you can hang around here and get little or erroneous information. Your choice.

You don´t have to be negative. Some of us here, myself included, are married to Mexican Nationals who are professional Licenciadas and know what to do in many cases a foreigner might not know.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jun 2, 2015, 6:40 AM)

richmx2

Jun 2, 2015, 11:25 PM

Post #8 of 9 (3512 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] Replacing lost Permanent Resident card

"if you lost it, who knows"

I do know. I did lose mine and had to report it to the MP. Having my lawyer with me saved a bundle in "considerations" for processing the form the same day.

http://mexfiles.net
http://mexicobookpublishers.com

YucaLandia

Jun 3, 2015, 7:05 AM

Post #9 of 9 (3480 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] Replacing lost Permanent Resident card

In Reply To

In Reply To

IMO don´t spend money on a lawyer to do something this simple.

First step: Go to "Solicitud de Estancia at this webpage: [ Request for Resident Status]

http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Solicitud_de_Estacia

In the first drop down box select: "Canjear o reponer documento migratorio" [Redeem or replace immigration document]

Second step: In the second drop down box select; "Reposicion de documento migratorio por perdida, robo o deterioro" [ Replacement of immigration document for loss, theft or damage]

Then fill out your data below. Print out the form and take it to your local INM office for processing. They will give you a page and circle the documents, photos and payment you need to process your request. If you don´t have any Spanish ability find someone to transate the paperwork and website request.

There is a possibility they might request a MP [Ministerio Público de la Federación - Procuraduría General] report, of the theft if you admit it was stolen. If you admit that you lost it, who knows?

This advice fits a good friend's experience who had his wallet stolen in Florida, losing his Residente Temporal card. INM wanted a copy of the police report, and they also required us to go to our Fiscalia Publica offices for Yucatan to get his identity certified by Yucatan State officials ... It took about an hour at INM on 2 trips, and about 30 minutes at the Fiscalia Publica bldg.

Other people's states and their INM may have some small variations, but the overall process is very simple, and easily completed by someone who has low-end Spanish skills and remains polite & calm when dealing with govt. employees.

(Yes, they are humans, just like us.) *grin*

My fuzzy memory was that the total cost for replacing his lost/stolen card totaled about $85 USD.

Best of luck,
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4