Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

Gracious

May 26, 2015, 11:31 AM

Post #1 of 12 (2819 views)

Shortcut

Urgent Help Needed

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi Friends,

Recently I got Temporary Resident Visa for Mexico and today I am going to enter Mexico . Within first 30 days I need to apply for Resident Card . Does any one exactly tell me what all steps are required ?

For ex :

1> Which form I should fill ? Do you guys have any link ?
2> Possible location in Mexico city , I mean INM office ?
3> What all other documents are required ?
4> Do they hold our passport while INM is processing my application ?
5> Is this a simple registration process ? Are there any chances of rejection ?
6> Any other help ?

Maesonna

May 26, 2015, 4:18 PM

Post #2 of 12 (2764 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gracious] Urgent Help Needed

1. Start on this page, click to go to the appropriate sub-pages.
2. I think you go to the office at Ejército Nacional 862 (there is a map at the linked page). For certain things, you may have to go to the other office, at Homero 1832. If you go to the wrong one, they will direct you to the other one, they are just a short bus or taxi ride apart, or about a 20–30 minute walk.
3. If you can’t find out at the INM website (#1 above), you can go to the office and ask. They will not bite you – I’m serious. Many of us have approached these trámites with fear and trepidation, but found that the officials at the office, though brisk, are quite helpful.
4. No. They will cotejar it with the copy (compare copy and original to verify that the copy is true and complete) and return the passport to you.
5. Can anyone else answer this?
6. There are photograph/copy/internet shops very near the INM office. If you find don’t have the right photos, copies, or web appointment, you can walk over to the next block and take care of it right there and then, and return to the INM office with the right stuff.

(This post was edited by Maesonna on May 26, 2015, 4:19 PM)

YucaLandia

May 26, 2015, 4:47 PM

Post #3 of 12 (2754 views)

Shortcut

Before you go to your local INM office, you need to fill out some information on the internet first at a specific INM webpage.
Immigrants Form for Filing Applications for Changes in Immigration Status

This weblink explains the general aspects on how to do it:
~ Instructions for the INM Webpage for Visiting Mexico or Moving to Mexico

Basically, on this INM webpage, you enter your personal information, check the boxes to apply for the status or changes you want, and get a Pieza Number at the end: Print the page with the Pieza Number or write down the number. The specific answers to common questions on the INM OnLine application, again, are listed at the end of this article. ... At the end of the on-line application process, there is an option where you can push a button that displays the information you entered and lets you save it as a pdf file. Print this page and bring it with you to your first INM visit, INM can more quickly verify & confirm your personal information.

This weblink gives specific details on the various fields on the INM webpage:
~ Instructions for the INM Webpage for Visiting Mexico or Moving to Mexico

This weblink talks about details of visiting INM:
~ Your First Visit in Mexico to your INM Office

Happy Trails,
steve

**General notes on the INM Residency visa process:
After you go to your INM office and get your NUT and password for checking the status of your application, INM can also ask for additional documentation, where they have you return to the INM office.

In a later step, INM gives you a form to take to any bank, and you pay your INM fees at the bank.
After that, you submit ID fotos.
INM approves the application.
INM notifies the foreigner that their permit is approved, and asks them to return to the office for fingerprinting.
The applicant gets fingerprinted at the office, and they use your fotos, fingerprints, and information F. for printing and laminating a Residente permit card.
The new laminated card is sent back to the regional office, and the regional office hopefully notifies you that their card is ready.
You then makes your last trip to the INM office, and gets your card.
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on May 26, 2015, 5:08 PM)

mcm

May 27, 2015, 11:01 AM

Post #4 of 12 (2665 views)

Shortcut

In addition to the information from Maesona and Yucalandia, you'll need proof of residency in Mexico. That is usually a utility bill with your mexican address (doesn't have to be in your name), or a lease or something from your landlord if renting. If you later move, you'll need to report the new address to INM within (I think) 90 days.

The whole process is pretty straightforward, but MAY be time consuming, and even a bit frustrating (requests for additional information, or whatever). Still, it's a good way to start getting used to ''how things are done''.

Gracious

May 27, 2015, 12:09 PM

Post #5 of 12 (2650 views)

Shortcut

Re: [mcm] Urgent Help Needed

Hi, Is it must to have a address proof ? I was told its not required .

rvgringo

May 27, 2015, 4:05 PM

Post #6 of 12 (2611 views)

Shortcut

Yes, it will be required for almost anything official in Mexico. Ask your landlord to borrow 3 recent CFE invoices, or take a copy of your lease, etc.

Maesonna

May 27, 2015, 4:06 PM

Post #7 of 12 (2611 views)

Shortcut

It depends who told you. The only one that counts is the official receiving your papers at the INM office where you are submitting them. It is not uncommon to have different variations on exactly what is required depending on where you are applying. And I support rvgringo’s assertion that you will need proof of address. Anyway, for sure you will need it sooner than later for multiple purposes.

I just remembered another #6. Check the hours for receiving submissions at the INM office. It may be that they only receive applications in the mornings, even if the office is open for a longer time in the afternoon.

(This post was edited by Maesonna on May 27, 2015, 4:17 PM)

Gracious

May 27, 2015, 4:26 PM

Post #8 of 12 (2603 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Urgent Help Needed

Hi Brothrers,

Thanks everyone for your help ,I need one more help from you guys . I am currently staying in the hotel and I will continue to stay in hotel for another 2 months so how I am going to get the actual address ? Should I give any friends address ?

I still have my apartment in USA and I can not vacate the same in US for 2 moths and neither I can rent apartment right away in Mexico .

But in my FMM form they gave me 30 days to complete my Temporary Card process with INM so the actual challenge is without address how I will continue with INM ?

rvgringo

May 27, 2015, 4:54 PM

Post #9 of 12 (2596 views)

Shortcut

You could ask your hotel to provide a statement that you are a ‘resident‘ at the hotel. If that is accepted and your visa is issued, please remember to visit INM to change your address, with new proof, after you move to a new place.

Gracious

May 27, 2015, 5:06 PM

Post #10 of 12 (2592 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Urgent Help Needed

my actual work location is going to be in Celaya,Queretaro . Is it ok to apply for resident card in Mexico city ?

during the renewal time is there any obligation that I have to be come to Mexico city for renewal ?

Gracious

May 28, 2015, 8:38 AM

Post #11 of 12 (2514 views)

Shortcut

Hi ,

Please help me to ans my previous question . I have INM visit planned tomorrow and if you guys help me to ans these last set of question it will be really helpful ,

1> Is this the correct form for Temporary Resident Visa ?
http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Solicitud_de_Estancia

2> In the above link what should I select in the first TWO FIELDS ? First drop down is * ¿Qué desea hacer? what should I select in the drop down and for other field * Especifique what should i select ?

3>my actual work location is going to be in Celaya,Queretaro . Is it ok to apply for resident card in Mexico city ?

4> When later my family joins back from USA will I need to go through the same process for every dependent ?

5> Do I need to pay the fee for every dependent ?

6> I am asking hotel to write a letter stating that I am staying with them . If they stamp it with their seal is that ok

rvgringo

May 28, 2015, 11:03 AM

Post #12 of 12 (2488 views)

Shortcut

You will want to indicate that you wish to live in Mexico. Specifically???? Ask the INM official for guidance; they are usually very helpful.
The answer to most of your other questions is, “Yes“. Each individual must have their own visa and will have to provide individual proofs and applications. However, once you have your visa, they may qualify under “vincula familiar“.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4