Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring

georgemichael

May 26, 2015, 9:17 AM

Post #1 of 4 (2601 views)

Shortcut

Applying for residency

Can't Post | Private Reply
I would like to begin the residency (pensionado) application process and would appreciate any direction from others who have traveled this road. I believe that I have all of the necessary documents ready to present.

I am presently living in Aguascalientes, so I assume I will need to visit Guadalajara.

Thanks in advance
"Don Miguel"

(This post was edited by georgemichael on May 26, 2015, 9:21 AM)

AlanMexicali

May 26, 2015, 9:50 AM

Post #2 of 4 (2592 views)

Shortcut

Re: [georgemichael] Applying for residency

In Reply To
I would like to begin the residency (pensionado) application process and would appreciate any direction from others who have traveled this road. I believe that I have all of the necessary documents ready to present.

I am presently living in Aguascalientes, so I assume I will need to visit Guadalajara.

Thanks in advance

Actually you start the process in your home country at a Mexican Consulate or Embassy unless you are married to a Mexican National or have Mexican National children.

Maesonna

May 26, 2015, 10:26 AM

Post #3 of 4 (2573 views)

Shortcut

So you are on a tourist permit currently?

As for the requirement to start the process at a Mexican consulate in your home country, some people have had the experience that they were able to do it successfully in another country (Belize, Guatemala, USA for non-USA citizens).

rvgringo

May 26, 2015, 10:59 AM

Post #4 of 4 (2560 views)

Shortcut

If you are on a 180 day tourist permit, your closest Mexican Consulate will be in Laredo, TX. You will have to prove financial assets with up to a year‘s bank statements, Social Security & retirement, etc.
If you have a Residente Temporal Visa, and/or an unbroken string of previous FM2/3 visas, you may be able to apply at INM in Mexico without having to prove financials.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4