Forums  > General > Living, Working, Retiring
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

addtocart

May 20, 2015, 5:46 AM

Post #26 of 30 (2191 views)

Shortcut

Re: [slainte39] ADVICE PLEASE Temporary Resident Visa

|
Just general thoughts about challenging a policeman. Anywhere. Not just in Mexico.

YucaLandia

May 20, 2015, 6:19 AM

Post #27 of 30 (2184 views)

Shortcut

Re: [addtocart] ADVICE PLEASE Temporary Resident Visa

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Just general thoughts about challenging a policeman. Anywhere. Not just in Mexico.

Please re-read what I wrote above.

You're confused about how to be professional and polite.

The approach described above is about politely but firmly asking (not demanding - not aggressively challenging) for your rights.

Some people are able to rationally, calmly and professionally dialogue with the police,
without challenging them.

If you are unable to make this distinction, and are unable to rationally calmly talk with authorities, then I guess it's best to just hand them your wallet. (another suggestion from above)

Most of us who act professionally and politely, who know the law and the rules, don't have to pay bribes to get ordinary Mexican govt. systems to work.

Apparently, some posters have to rely on paying bribes, because they imagine that their only other option is to "challenge the police", both in Mexico and in their home countries.

sad ...

steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on May 20, 2015, 6:29 AM)

playaboy

May 20, 2015, 7:03 AM

Post #28 of 30 (2175 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] ADVICE PLEASE Temporary Resident Visa

| Private Reply

I do a lot of driving all over Mexico, encountering hungry cops everywhere. I have a different method than most when confronted by greedy police. It has worked for me every time for over a decade. I use the "Frustration" method.

Now that I am approaching 60 and my forehead is getting bigger and bigger, I play the sterotype most young people, 20's, have about anybody over 50. "Old and Senile"

I speak no Spanish (or very incorrect bad Spanglish) and act as I have no clue what the officer is saying to me. I mumble to myself and drop paperwork in my lap and on the floor of the car. I speak to them in rapid English. They finally realize that I am too stupid to know that I should be intimidated by them. After about 5 minutes of this I get the "andale" and go on my way.

cbviajero

May 20, 2015, 7:04 AM

Post #29 of 30 (2175 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] ADVICE PLEASE Temporary Resident Visa

| Private Reply

In Reply To

You're confused about how to be professional and polite.
The approach described above is about politely but firmly asking (not demanding - not aggressively challenging) for your rights.
Some people are able to rationally, calmly and professionally dialogue with the police,

Yucalandia,here's a tip,when dealing with law enforcement officials it's best not to (tutear) them as you suggested in a previous post,it's better to use the more respectful (usted) form of address.

RickS

May 20, 2015, 8:15 AM

Post #30 of 30 (2161 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] ADVICE PLEASE Temporary Resident Visa

| Private Reply
OK, this has run its course..... If the OP doesn't feel like the original questions/requests have been met, he/she can start another thread for sure.

Mod

(This post was edited by RickS on May 20, 2015, 8:16 AM)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4