Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

roberth

Mar 2, 2015, 9:51 AM

Post #1 of 3 (7474 views)

Shortcut

Bus from SMA to Mexico City airport

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi all. We'll be moving down to SMA in a few weeks, and have a wedding in Playa del Carmen in May. I was looking into flying out of Mexico City as the cheapest option, flights to Cancun seem to be cheapest. People have told me that there are good bus services that run between SMA and Mexico City. Does anyone have any experience taking a bus to the airport in Mexico City, from SMA or other nearby cities? Is it worth it to save a few bucks, or would it be better to take a car service to Queretaro for the flight? Just some questions I'm hoping somebody here can help me with. TIA!

AlanMexicali

Apr 22, 2015, 5:17 PM

Post #2 of 3 (7328 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roberth] Bus from SMA to Mexico City airport

In Reply To
Hi all. We'll be moving down to SMA in a few weeks, and have a wedding in Playa del Carmen in May. I was looking into flying out of Mexico City as the cheapest option, flights to Cancun seem to be cheapest. People have told me that there are good bus services that run between SMA and Mexico City. Does anyone have any experience taking a bus to the airport in Mexico City, from SMA or other nearby cities? Is it worth it to save a few bucks, or would it be better to take a car service to Queretaro for the flight? Just some questions I'm hoping somebody here can help me with. TIA!

If it was me I would book on Volaris from León at their 30% off rate today for about $2000 pesos one way and forget about all the headaches you will probably encouter to save $5.00 pesos in the long run by flying out of MC..

roberth

Apr 22, 2015, 5:59 PM

Post #3 of 3 (7322 views)

Shortcut

Re: [AlanMexicali] Bus from SMA to Mexico City airport

Thanks, ya we came to the same conclusion. Probably not the best circumstances under which to make the bus ride to DF for the first time. Anyways, we ended up deciding to fly out of Monterrey (we had to be up there anyways around the same period of time). Less than 5,000p for two round trip tickets. Cheap airfare is the only thing I'll miss about Monterrey.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4