Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

donemry

Apr 13, 2015, 6:16 AM

Post #1 of 4 (5375 views)

Shortcut

Entering U.S. with a dog

Can't Post | Private Reply
When we crossed back into the US at the Colombia bridge, we were asked for the vaccination records for our dog. The agent said this was something new they had been asked to do. We had the records, so no problems.

wilpharm

Apr 14, 2015, 4:53 PM

Post #2 of 4 (5325 views)

Shortcut

Re: [donemry] Entering U.S. with a dog

we were asked 2 weeks ago at Bridge 2 in Laredo if dog & cat had rabies shots but the agent did not check the papers….Thats the first time we had ever been asked. Guess we will have to be more diligent now.. Mexican side has never asked ...

rvgringo

Apr 15, 2015, 9:57 AM

Post #3 of 4 (5294 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wilpharm] Entering U.S. with a dog

When we crossed at Mariposa/Nogales last October, we did have to show the dog‘s paperwork, which was prepared by our Mexican veterinarian in Chapala. The US border agent was impressed with it and hardly looked at our stuffed car and carrier at all.

robt65

Apr 23, 2015, 12:06 AM

Post #4 of 4 (5190 views)

Shortcut

Re: [donemry] Entering U.S. with a dog

Thanks donemry for posting that information. I have frequently traveled with my Labs back and forth across the border in both directions without any questions. I have always carried their up to date papers. One of these days soon I will be bringing NOB a Mom and Pop Lab and their litter of seven pups. I can hardly wait for that one! (smiling) While we have had all the necessary shots for our dogs and their pups, I am curious to know if anyone was ever asked for specific "Canine parvovirus" test result papers of were they just looking for the usual Rabies, etc., shots? Thanks for anyone having personal knowledge of such requests from the border agents.
Regards,
Robt65

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4