First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DigYourself

Apr 6, 2015, 12:41 PM

Post #26 of 31 (3165 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maesonna] Pedragal travel advice

Can't Post |
Thanks.

Can you tell us a little more about name/location for the Japanese restaurant ? That is something we have never had here in Mexico - except perhaps for the sushi offered by Costco.

Also - some good friends are from Vera Cruz and returned from Christmas holidays with some incredible coffee from there. Turns out we can buy same coffee from a place called Bola De Ora, Anillo Periferico Blvrd Adolfo Lopez Mateos 4268, Coyos 04500 Jardines del Pedregal San Angel. Is that anywhere nearby ?

Maesonna

Apr 6, 2015, 12:55 PM

Post #27 of 31 (3160 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cuerna1] Pedragal travel advice

Can't Post | Private Reply
I'm sorry I can't be more exact about the Japanese restaurant. It used to in a different location, and then it moved to the area you're going to visit. My brother-in-law told me where it moved to but I don't remember the detailed explanation. So, I checked the map and found this, which is consistent with the area he told me it was, although I can't be positive it's the same restaurant I'm thinking of. I'd guess it might be good, whether it's the right one or not, because, according to the map, it's very near the Japanese school.

As for the Bola de Ora coffee, I copied the info you posted into the Google Maps search box and it showed up just across the Periférico from the Hotel Royal and about 150 m. west (assuming I've identified the right hotel).

DigYourself

Apr 6, 2015, 12:58 PM

Post #28 of 31 (3158 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maesonna] Pedragal travel advice

Can't Post |
My wife called the coffee place and they said they were 15 minutes (I suppose via taxi) from Perisur - that is why I asked. No problem - we will take the info and ask around when we get there.

(This post was edited by cuerna1 on Apr 6, 2015, 1:00 PM)

Maesonna

Apr 6, 2015, 1:02 PM

Post #29 of 31 (3156 views)

Shortcut

Yes, that's consistent with what the map showed me. It's much closer to the Hotel Royal than to Perisur – you might be able to work that to your advantage when planning your visit. If you spend some time with Google Maps before you go, checking out where all these places are relative to each other, it will probably save you a lot of asking and being (mis)directed.

(This post was edited by Maesonna on Apr 6, 2015, 1:03 PM)

DigYourself

Apr 8, 2015, 4:49 AM

Post #30 of 31 (3122 views)

Shortcut

Can't Post |
Well we spent yesterday visiting Pedregal. It was a beautiful place once you got a couple blocks away from the Periferico - very similar to Cuernavaca (but I think much more expensive). The area around Perisur reminded at times of areas of Puebla.

Our mission was a success in that we picked up our coffee (if you haven't tried that brand you should), we drove a Subaru Forester (the best option we have found yet for a new car) and we got to see the Perisur mall (about 3 times the size of the mall in Cuernavaca and about 1/4 the size of the mall in Sante Fe).

I'm not sure I described the small bus we used. It is a very plush vehicle. Very similar to getting onto a new jet but with more personal space. Coming into DF the bus dropped us off right at the mall. At that point we had to ask around for the proper bus to get on for the coffee place. The bus driver helped us find the strip mall the shop was in. The second bus driver (for the Subaru dealer) was less helpful and dropped us a couple miles off the mark.

One thing we had kind of overlooked was the tenacia(?) you all who live in DF are subjected to. If we do buy a car outside Morelos we will have to work out some logistics on how we transfer it here etc.

We didn't spend much time at the Perisur yesterday. To be honest we got tired from all the walking we had done. It is a very nice mall. The Sears is about 50X nicer than the one we have in Cuernavaca - where they do little more than opening boxes with a razor and throwing them out on the sales floor. I have big feet (size 13) and did find a sporting goods store that has perhaps 6 different running shoes in my size. Would never find that in Cuernavaca.

At the end of the day we set out to find the Hotel Royal and the Pullman stop). The hotel is NOT directly across from the Perisur. That was a hike - and when we mentioned that to the girl at the Pullman counter she smiled.

Anyway - thank you all for you help and suggestions.

esperanza

Apr 8, 2015, 6:43 AM

Post #31 of 31 (3117 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
One thing we had kind of overlooked was the tenacia(?) you all who live in DF are subjected to. If we do buy a car outside Morelos we will have to work out some logistics on how we transfer it here etc.

Cuerna, unless your new vehicle costs $250,000 pesos or more, there is no tenencia due in the Distrito Federal.

Tenencia en Distrito Federal 2015
Habrá un subsidio del 100% en el pago de tenencia para los capitalinos que tengan un automóvil cuyo valor depreciado sea menor a 250 mil pesos.

Here's the link with the information for every state. Scroll down until you see Distrito Federal.
http://losimpuestos.com.mx/tenencia-2015/

You will want to consider very carefully whether to buy a vehicle outside the state where you plan to license it. The change-over can be both time consuming and expensive. IMHO, it would be good to investigate with the Morelos licensing office before making the decision.

http://www.mexicocooks.typepad.com

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4