Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

robt65

Apr 7, 2015, 7:07 AM

Post #1 of 13 (11159 views)

Shortcut

as cost per ltr.

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am currently in the USA. I am wondering if anyone can please tell me the cost of one liter of Magna gasoline. I am now paying $2.02 per gallon, in McAllen Texas. What a nice treat!
Thanks,
Robt65

stevebrtx

Apr 7, 2015, 8:26 AM

Post #2 of 13 (11134 views)

Shortcut

Re: [robt65] as cost per ltr.

Demasiado Robert, only $1.95 in Marble Falls and driving through seas of bluebonnets at no extra charge.

Maesonna

Apr 7, 2015, 8:57 AM

Post #3 of 13 (11122 views)

Shortcut

Using the exchange rate at the moment I did the calculation (11:00 am, April 7), your $2.02 per gallon was equivalent to 7.96 pesos per litre. The price in Mexico is 13.57 pesos per litre of Magna.

johanson

Apr 7, 2015, 1:56 PM

Post #4 of 13 (11087 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Maesonna] as cost per ltr.

And at $13.57 pesos per liter times 3.784 (liters/gallon divided by the exchange rate of say 15, that equates to $3.42 US dollars per gallon which is somewhat higher than what it goes for in Seattle Gas buddy in my zip code shows about $2.54 to $3.15 or at the closest Costco $2.559

Teo

Apr 7, 2015, 3:01 PM

Post #5 of 13 (11071 views)

Shortcut

Yikes. And $1.97 per gallon at the Costco in Tucson.

Gone are the days of driving across the border and filling up with cheap Mexican gas.

(This post was edited by Teo on Apr 7, 2015, 3:02 PM)

DavidHF

Apr 9, 2015, 9:45 AM

Post #6 of 13 (10968 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Teo] as cost per ltr.

IMHO, the cost of petrol doens't matter one whit. None of us drive enough for it to matter. I can't believe the way Americans obsess about the cost of petrol, especially since they have the lowest price in the world!

johanson

Apr 9, 2015, 10:01 AM

Post #7 of 13 (10966 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] as cost per ltr.

David: I was shocked to learn that some of the Arabic countries and countries like Venezuela pay a small fraction of what we pay per unit of gas, really.

In fact according to http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/
there are 22 countries that sell gas for less than the US. In fact, if what I read was correct, the cost per gallon in Venezuela is less than 10 US cents. (if I did my math correctly)
Again, check it out at http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

chinagringo

Apr 9, 2015, 1:00 PM

Post #8 of 13 (10941 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] as cost per ltr.

Like David, I too have never understood the obsession with the price of gasoline. To my way of thinking, the fuel price per mile is a much more important factor. Besides, travel requires looking at the big picture and that means looking at vehicle maintenance & depreciation costs, cost of meals, cost of hotels, and cost of toll roads on top of fuel costs. It is also relative to examine the vehicle people have chosen to drive and compare that with who is making the most noise over the cost of fuel!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

robt65

Apr 22, 2015, 11:42 PM

Post #9 of 13 (10698 views)

Shortcut

My thanks to all those ExPats with Psychological Doctorates in their pocket or on their walls for ASS-uming that one has to have an "obsession" to merely bring up a point of interest. As far as the poster who "IMHO, the cost of petrol doesn't matter one whit." "None of us drive enough for it to matter." I am wondering what special powers you have to make such a ludicrous statement? "None of us drives enough for it to matter." Speaking for myself, I happen to drive a substantial amount of miles in Mexico and the USA every year. So in my humble opinion you should at least change the word "None" to "For many" or maybe "Some of us don't drive enough . . . . . . . . " . . . . . . .and hey, good for you. . . . . . . . but "some of us" do.
As for the poster who responded " Besides, travel requires looking at the big picture and that means looking at vehicle maintenance & depreciation costs, cost of meals, cost of hotels, and cost of toll roads on top of fuel costs. It is also relative to examine the vehicle people have chosen to drive and compare that with who is making the most noise over the cost of fuel!" You have hijacked a post, as this original posting had absolutely nothing to do with ". . . . . . . . . vehicle maintenance & depreciation costs, cost of meals, cost of hotels, and cost of toll roads on top of fuel costs. It is also relative to examine the vehicle people have chosen to drive and compare that with who is making the most noise over the cost of fuel!" . . . . . . . . . . . Funny how some folks seem to have a need to control, or try to control a subject matter as simple as the comparative cost of Fuel, north and south of the border. Nothing more and nothing less. So if you wish to have a posting about "vehicle maintenance & depreciation costs, cost of meals, cost of hotels, and cost of toll roads on top of fuel costs," I would humbly suggest that you start such a post. In the meantime, it appears that gas continues to drop NOB and for some of us that is a nice relief. Just my 2 pesos worth, . . . . . . . .hummmmmmm let me see now, I wonder how much gas two pesos would by comparatively speaking North and South of the border? . . . . . just saying . . . . . . . . .
Regards,
Robt65

playaboy

Apr 23, 2015, 2:43 AM

Post #10 of 13 (10692 views)

Shortcut

Here is a spreadsheet I use to convert peso/liter to dollars/gallon (or Canadian money). Enable the macros but don't save the changes when you exit the program.
Attachments: Peso to dollars per gallon convertor.xls (36.5 KB)

robt65

Apr 23, 2015, 7:01 AM

Post #11 of 13 (10672 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] as cost per ltr.

Thanks playboy,
I appreciate the information. As soon as I get the Microsoft Office Program, I will be able to use that.
Regards,
Robt65

johanson

Apr 23, 2015, 1:47 PM

Post #12 of 13 (10626 views)

Shortcut

I remember years ago when I drove many miles every day and the price of gas was important to me. I still love it when the gas is cheap. But averaging maybe 4000 miles per year and driving a Honda CRV which gets great mileage, the amount I would save each month might buy me a beer or two at my favorite bar :)

Oh I know what I can do with the extra money. Pot is now legal in the state of WA. and apparently there is a legal pot store about 10 blocks from my house. I could try pot again (Hopefully BC bud) and still not like it :)

fordmexico

Apr 23, 2015, 7:01 PM

Post #13 of 13 (10599 views)

Shortcut

I have been using the free on-line versions of the various Microsoft Office products for several years now. My last paid version of Office was 2003. I find that the on-line versions fit all my needs. Unless you have extremely complicated spreadsheets they should work fine. If your Internet "speed" is very low it may present problems with on-line applications.

Basically, you sign-up for a free Outlook.com account and it will include free storage (One Drive) and the on-line versions of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and One Note. If you use Google's Chrome Browser you can go to the Google web store and download theindividual on-line versions as apps, again for free.

Microsoft Site for a free Outlook.com account (e-mail+ the Office Apps)

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-com/

If you use the Google Chrome browser here is the link to the Web Store

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/microsoft?utm_source=chrome-ntp-icon&_category=apps

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4