Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Septiembre

Mar 24, 2015, 5:11 PM

Post #1 of 12 (9001 views)

Shortcut

OK so which government gets the predial?

| Private Reply
Reference Chapala: Properties are assessed by the Chapala government. They generate property tax bills and we go to the Chapala municipal office to pay the property tax.

Who gets this tax? Does Chapala get the tax directly? People keep saying they don't get the tax but when you read Mexican sources on this it appears they do get the tax.

Thanks

chinagringo

Mar 24, 2015, 6:33 PM

Post #2 of 12 (8988 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Septiembre] OK so which government gets the predial?

| Private Reply
And we are expected to expend the time and energy answering a mod from another forum with a proven agenda? In my book, a mod who allows the term "wetback Americans" stand because it fits his political agenda has no business even asking such a question! This forum does have a no politics rule and many of us are very aware of your position re: politics along the north shre of Lake Chapala.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

chris cooper

Mar 24, 2015, 8:12 PM

Post #3 of 12 (8976 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Reference Chapala: Properties are assessed by the Chapala government. They generate property tax bills and we go to the Chapala municipal office to pay the property tax.

Who gets this tax? Does Chapala get the tax directly? People keep saying they don't get the tax but when you read Mexican sources on this it appears they do get the tax.

Thanks

So instead of taking the Mexican sources at their word you figured a bunch of foreigners would have more reliable information? How sad.

playaboy

Mar 25, 2015, 6:16 AM

Post #4 of 12 (8948 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply

In Reply To

Thanks

Sept, when cruising around Mexico, have you ever wondered why some pueblos had nice plazas and schools? Others pueblos right down the road have school building falling apart and an empty space for a plaza? How does one pueblo have the money and the other doesn't?

The answers to the above should show you how to get the Ajijic plaza completed.

Who gets the tax pesos? A large percentage of tax pesos eventually goes into the back pocket of the politico's. It is a century old custom.

Septiembre

Mar 25, 2015, 6:45 AM

Post #5 of 12 (8934 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] OK so which government gets the predial?

| Private Reply
Chris, I'm not sure I understand the Mexican sources that is why I am asking this question here. There are a number of people here who seem to have a very good handle on how tax matters and spending work. I've heard it both ways and can't figure out which is correct.

Playaboy, I'm well aware how much corruption there is here. I wasn't asking about that either. This is not a political question.

CG, my post has absolutely nothing to do with politics. I want to know who gets the property tax money assessed by the municipality.

Nor does it have anything to do with my capacity as a mod on another board. I was on vacation when the thread you're complaining about was started. Another mod got it.

Your entire post is just another one of your low-life personal attacks. Why don't you just stay in New Mexico and get a life and stop clogging up Mexican boards with your bile?

I'll appreciate an answer to the original question and I'll clarify it further: Is the property tax revenue going directly to Chapala Municipality who is assessing and collecting it or is it going to Jalisco? If the latter, does it then go back to Chapala and does Jalisco keep any of it?

(This post was edited by Septiembre on Mar 25, 2015, 7:47 AM)

drope

Mar 25, 2015, 9:01 AM

Post #6 of 12 (8887 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
you had an answer on your board by someone named benwah[sp?] and you removed it . because it wasn't what you wanted to hear? too bad for you. are you going to keep asking until somebody tells you what you want to here and not the reality?
i think this is what they said roughly: the pittance of a property tax is collected by the chapala government and turned over to the state. then the state and the federal government decide what to give to the county of chapla which includes the "main ": municipality of chapala and all the other little towns like ajijic. in addition i will add that pemex funds roughly 60% of all levels of government spending.
something he didn't say but that you seem to constantly yammer about is that you ajijic resident's pay more in property tax then the rest of the county and or the town of chapala. get real! just one little example-up on a hill in chapala is a mexican family's house of 4 stories. the entire second floor has a theater ,games room and gym and your little house?why do you constantly obsess about this tax thing and continually call the government in chapala crooks because they don't do what you want for little old you? does this mean you will be moving back NOB,perhaps texass?

cbviajero

Mar 25, 2015, 9:05 AM

Post #7 of 12 (8884 views)

Shortcut

Re: [playaboy] OK so which government gets the predial?

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Sept, when cruising around Mexico, have you ever wondered why some pueblos had nice plazas and schools? Others pueblos right down the road have school building falling apart and an empty space for a plaza? How does one pueblo have the money and the other doesn't?

I think a lot of it has to do with the attitude of the people in the pueblo and also with how many people they have working NoB who are willing and able to send donations for civic projects.

Septiembre

Mar 25, 2015, 9:06 AM

Post #8 of 12 (8882 views)

Shortcut

Re: [drope] OK so which government gets the predial?

| Private Reply
Drope, the post was removed because the poster, who has been repeatedly warned by a number of moderators on that board, was personally abusive. Nor did he offer any substantiation to his claim.

This is not the place for those of you who don't like Chapala dot com's firm policies on personal snarkiness to complain. But I will say both you and CG have certainly provided great examples as to why that is the right policy to follow.

I will await someone who will simply answer the question as asked and hopefully provide a reference.

Thank you.

(This post was edited by Septiembre on Mar 25, 2015, 9:08 AM)

Gringal

Mar 25, 2015, 9:25 AM

Post #9 of 12 (8861 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Why don't you ask the question of someone in officialdom who would know the correct answer?

Web boards are notorious for passing out erroneous information.

Septiembre

Mar 25, 2015, 9:33 AM

Post #10 of 12 (8855 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] OK so which government gets the predial?

| Private Reply
To be honest, I don't have a clue there who to ask and be sure I've been given a correct answer.

Given the expertise in this group I was hoping I'd get an answer here but that isn't looking so good.

Moderators, feel free to close the thread. It seems mainly to have turned into a forum for attacking me or for bringing up politics.

I've asked Spencer this question and if he responds and says it is OK to cite his response, I'll post it here in a new thread and on Chapala dot com.

Thanks.

RickS

Mar 25, 2015, 9:35 AM

Post #11 of 12 (8853 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
The OP has asked a legitimate question. Regardless of his real or perceived motive, let's keep the responses to an answer to the question rather than an editorial on him/his motive please.

Mod

Gringal

Mar 25, 2015, 9:47 AM

Post #12 of 12 (8844 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Re Spencer's response: Please do quote it if he agrees.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4