Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

donnie

Mar 2, 2015, 12:17 PM

Post #1 of 3 (11855 views)

Shortcut

driving from Laredo to Mazatlan

Can't Post | Private Reply

IsColumbia crossing the way to go ? Maybe somewhere else. Any tips on driving on saving time on cuotas . Thanks

Altahabana

Mar 7, 2015, 7:18 AM

Post #2 of 3 (11791 views)

Shortcut

Re: [donnie] driving from Laredo to Mazatlan

I don't see much utility in Columbia and it is certainly not "the way to go." It is simply an alternative to crosssing in Nuevo Laredo. You also need to remember that Columbia bridge does not open until 8 am.

I drove to Mazatlan a few years back in about 14 hours. It was toll roads all the way for me, except for the Espinoza del Diablo portion. With the new toll road completed I imagine the trip could now be done in less than 12 hours.

safaricombi

Jun 24, 2015, 12:45 PM

Post #3 of 3 (7934 views)

Shortcut

Re: [donnie] driving from Laredo to Mazatlan

We crossed Columbia back in last October... a breeze!!!! So, we returned with a truckload in March and chose Columbia.. again, a breeze. We were first in line at 8am, but out by 10 am after uncovering the trucks contents and re-covering. This compared to Nuevo march 2014: we were there at 5 am, out by 9 am, after removing everything from the car, opening it all up and then being charged incredible fees, even on the new sleeping bags. I'll take Columbia (but not Friday afternoon, for US side traffic.)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4