First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Rolly

Aug 25, 2014, 7:02 PM

Post #76 of 136 (29115 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Casa704] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
I agree. It seems very strange.
You might want to apply at a different consulate.

Rolly Pirate

Casa704

Aug 26, 2014, 7:45 AM

Post #77 of 136 (29082 views)

Shortcut

Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Any Consulates out there have any issues with electronic statements as originals for verifying income?

roberth

Sep 4, 2014, 9:38 AM

Post #78 of 136 (28961 views)

Shortcut

Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Was finally able to pick up my RT VISA card today! Various paperwork issues delayed the process my about a month, but overall it was pretty smooth and stress free. fwiw, the INM website was updated once my VISA card was ready to be picked up; I've read in a couple places on this forum where people have said it will no longer be updated when your card is ready, but that wasn't my experience with the INM office in Monterrey.

Casa704

Sep 4, 2014, 12:01 PM

Post #79 of 136 (28938 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Regarding using online financial statements;

I found that with the financial entities that I deal with, they stated that they would provide me the exact info that I would print off the internet. I used colored copies from my online accounts, no problem at Consulate.

Note some documents that I printed off did not indicate name of account. You need each page verified as to your account name or account number.

soylent_green

Sep 19, 2014, 2:19 PM

Post #80 of 136 (28740 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Pretty good experience so far.
Getting Residente Permanente (unidad familiar - adult son holds Mexican citizenship because his mom/my ex wife was born in Mexico)

08/29 submitted paperwork INM office Ensenada
09/08 received via email notification of approval
09/11 went to INM for fingerprinting. "System was down" to issue the CURP - non INM problem. Asked to come in the next day.
09/12 went back. Got my CURP and finger prints

Guess now I keep checking website and emails. If I don't hear anything 3 weeks from when I got finger printed, then I will head on back and check.

1000 x easier than I thought it would be.

buffalodon

Sep 19, 2014, 2:48 PM

Post #81 of 136 (28726 views)

Shortcut

Re: [soylent_green] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
All INM offices are different it seems. In June of 2013 my wife and I got our RP cards, here in Manzanillo. We were finger printed on a Monday and they phoned and sent an email late Thursday after noon. We were told to come in the following morning, Friday to pick up our cards. Prior to that we knew of people who had waited up to about a month after finger printing to get their cards. Like I said, each INM office seems to be different.

If you didn't know how old you were, how old would you think you were?

(This post was edited by buffalodon on Sep 19, 2014, 2:49 PM)

Casa704

Oct 1, 2014, 8:29 AM

Post #82 of 136 (28529 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Rolly, I took your advice and went to a different Consulate, Portland Oregon. I had a positive experience in Portland.
I appreciate all the information that you make available to assist, i.e. "The INM Application Form" guideline.
I do have a question, I am going from Visitante to Residente Permanete. I am confused because in your guideline I surmise that I would check the first box, "Canje o resposicion de forma migratoria.
However on the online form I am using my first box is "Extender la Estancia".
AM I on the wrong online application form?

In Reply To

soylent_green

Oct 1, 2014, 9:26 AM

Post #83 of 136 (28517 views)

Shortcut

Re: [soylent_green] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply

In Reply To

08/29 submitted paperwork INM office Ensenada
09/08 received via email notification of approval
09/11 went to INM for fingerprinting. "System was down" to issue the CURP - non INM problem. Asked to come in the next day.
09/12 went back. Got my CURP and finger prints .

UPDATE
09/30 no emails, approaching the 3 week point so went to INM office to check if my card arrived. Nope, said they will have it Wednesday 10/08.

so if that is correct, 3 weeks 3 days for card to arrive and 41 days total from applying to receiving RP card. A lot better than I thought.

Rolly

Oct 1, 2014, 9:45 AM

Post #84 of 136 (28508 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
You seem to have misunderstood my instructions. The "first box" refers to the selection box, not the contents. You are correct that you want to select "Canje o resposicion de forma migratoria. "

Rolly Pirate

Casa704

Oct 1, 2014, 12:16 PM

Post #85 of 136 (28484 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Rolly,

OK, I do seem confused, apologize for lack of understanding spanish. Referring to change of my statue to visitor to permanent resident.

To clarify; Under "Que Desa Hacer? I would enter "Canjear o repiner document migratorio". Redeem or replace immigration document.

In next category "Especique" I would enter "Canje de FMM pro Tarjeta de Visitante o de Residente". FMM per card exchange visitor or resident.

Using Google Translate.

Rolly

Oct 1, 2014, 12:36 PM

Post #86 of 136 (28479 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Yes

Rolly Pirate

woofwoof

Nov 3, 2014, 5:13 PM

Post #87 of 136 (28132 views)

Shortcut

Re: Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
I've got my Residente Permanente card! Thanks all for the great info posted here, it helped me a lot.

I applied at the consulate in Bangkok. They were happy to do a lot of the back-and-forth via email, and they were very responsive. Responsive as in, I could ask a question and they'd be back inside of five minutes with an answer.

So my first actual visit to the consulate was really only to hand over the passport, they had essentially approved my documentation in advance. Including the second visit to pick up the passport, I'd say I was in there for maybe fifteen minutes total. Fantastic.

One of the requirements at the Bangkok office is that you have a valid visa for Thailand. I was in possession of a non-immigrant O visa that I've been extending for reasons of retirement, and whether you need a similar visa in order to make use of this consulate is something I regret I failed to ask.

Here in Mazatlan the experience is much the same. I've spent maybe a total of 30 minutes at the INM office here, and most of that was spent washing the ink off my hands after fingerprinting. No additional documentary requirements. First of three visits was on a Monday and I had the card three weeks later.

I'm not a Spanish speaker but there was a service located right next door that handled most of the paperwork and did
the photos and copies and so forth and which I'm sure streamlined the process considerably. Good air-conditioning too, for while you wait. Highly recommended.

YucaLandia

Nov 3, 2014, 5:56 PM

Post #88 of 136 (28124 views)

Shortcut

Re: [woofwoof] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Congrats!

Welcome to Mexico,
steve
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

roni_smith

Dec 22, 2014, 6:20 PM

Post #89 of 136 (27728 views)

Shortcut

Permanente after one year of temporal

| Private Reply
The facilitator we used last year has told me I can apply for permanente status after one year here on temporal status. I am going to go for it, pending the answer to a couple of questions. My wife, who came in under unidad familiar as my economic dependent will have to wait until I have had permanente status for two years - has to be married to someone with permanente status for two years before she can convert to that status. I assume she would be able to renew her temporal card for two years.

I'll keep you posted.
------
Planning for Mexico Move Blog

sparks

Jan 6, 2015, 12:32 PM

Post #90 of 136 (27540 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Started my Temp to Perm today in Melaque and all they want is my Temp card, a copy of my passport and money. Too easy! Only went to ask what I need so didn't have passport and will complete tomorrow. No request letter or Internet form.

Application fee 1124 pesos and when the new card comes back another 4k+
I assume new fotos and finger prints again

Finally !!

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

jeffie1

Feb 16, 2015, 9:20 AM

Post #91 of 136 (27154 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Part 2 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
A couple of weeks ago my wife and I drove down to the Laredo Mexican Consulate's office (from San Antonio) and made application for Residente Permanente visa's. Overall, a very pleasant experience only taking a little over 2 hrs to complete.

A few details that might be helpful:

(1) Their hours are 8am til noon M-F. We got there at around 10am and they did lock the entry doors promptly at noon.

(2) When we presented the required 6 months bank statements of our joint checking account, it was determined that we would only qualify for RT Visas. We had hoped that 6 months total income meeting the requirement would suffice but the income level must be $2500 a month for each of the 6 months.

(3) We were the only gringos there out of maybe 50 people. Everyone there, both staff and other customers, were patient, courteous and respectful to us.

Our spanish language skills are at the elementary level, to say the least, but they appreciated the fact that we were trying and helped us with a warm smile. We chose to try and make this pleasant experience....and it was.

We'll cross at Laredo on Feb 27th and will go to the local INM office in Chapala to complete the process. I'll post our experiences when we get our cards.

Jeff

roni_smith

Feb 16, 2015, 2:29 PM

Post #92 of 136 (27118 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roni_smith] Permanente after one year of temporal

| Private Reply
After one year on residente temporal status my application for a change to residente permanente has been approved. I go in next week for fingerprinting.
------
Planning for Mexico Move Blog

alcurrie81

Mar 18, 2015, 12:04 AM

Post #93 of 136 (26855 views)

Shortcut

Re: [roni_smith] Permanente after one year of temporal

| Private Reply
I've been approved at the US consulate office for my Permanent Resident visa, but wondering if I should use a facilitator to help finish the process in MX? Is it necessary, and can anyone recommend a good facilitator in/around Puerto Vallarta? Required to travel back and forth several times over the next two months, and don't want to mess up the timing/requirements.

rvgringo

Mar 18, 2015, 10:25 AM

Post #94 of 136 (26817 views)

Shortcut

Re: [alcurrie81] Permanente after one year of temporal

| Private Reply
I think you meant that you were approved by the Mexican Consulate located in your part of the USA.
When you arrive at your Mexican destination and take up residence, within 30 days of crossing the border, you must take proof of that address, and your paperwork, to the full service INM office closest to you. They will take your application and issue a ‘tramite‘ with a website and password that you can use to track the progress of the application. During this time, which can be a couple of months, you can travel within Mexico but not outside of the country, unless you get and pay for special permission for a single trip. That process is designed to cover emergencies, not multiple convenience trips. After all, you are applying for a residence visa, not a tourist permit.
If you wish to go back and forth across the border often, you should have remained a tourist until you were ready to settle down.

Aaron+

Mar 22, 2015, 1:35 PM

Post #95 of 136 (26736 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Permanente after one year of temporal

| Private Reply
Good, to the point, answer!

La Isla

Mar 22, 2015, 7:26 PM

Post #96 of 136 (26710 views)

Shortcut

Re: [rvgringo] Permanente after one year of temporal

| Private Reply
Couldn't have said it better myself, and now I don't have to!

rvgringo

Mar 23, 2015, 10:10 AM

Post #97 of 136 (26677 views)

Shortcut

Re: [La Isla] Permanente after one year of temporal

| Private Reply
Thanks. I hope it helps the OP and others, since so many seem confused by the new, since 2012, rules. Reading older online threads is probably the cause of the confusion. Things have changed, and will probably change again and again.

jeffie1

Apr 23, 2015, 5:50 PM

Post #98 of 136 (26308 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Part 2 - Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Hola:

Both my wife and I applied for RT cards on March 18th. We went in for finger printing on April 10th and picked up our cards on April 23rd. Total time 35 days.

Note: We applied through Spencer McMullen with Chapala Law at the Chapala INM office. His fee was extremely reasonable and his service friendly and professional. No financials were required for the submission of our documents. Absolutely no stress involved at any point of the process. INM employees very friendly and patient as well.

Good luck,
Jeff

YucaLandia

Jul 6, 2015, 6:23 PM

Post #99 of 136 (23157 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
Just passed the Naturalized Citizenship written exam and oral exams here at our Merida SRE office this morning.

They've really raised the bars here in Yucatan, on the oral Spanish competency exams ... and oral history exams (also exclusively in Spanish) - requiring applicants to make 35 min to 50 min orations of detailed narratives of Pre-Hispanic Mexico through today... fechas y nombres precisos ... in order ... plus key themes in Mexican history, descriptions of systems of government for each epoca, los symbolos de la Patria, and significant details of each and every element ...

plus key quotations ....

plus tell about your State's history, and your personal reasons for wanting citizenship...

and then .... sing (or recite) ... the Himno.

Archaic Spanish is surprisingly challenging - especially when required to accurately disgorge El Coro, Estrufo 1 ... Estrofo 10 ... from memory.

The Delegado smiled warmly as he congratulated me on 20 key dates, El Escudo, El Himno ... the hardest thing I've done since a doctoral degree defense.

Special thanks to CBviajero for his personally supporting me and encouragements on nailing obscure past perfect Spanish verb tenses.

Hint: We don't necessarily have to make a personal trip to DF to get our national police record - which saves time and money - even for applicants who live far far from DF.

Second Hint: If you have all your ducks-marching-along-neatly, it can take less than a month to go from original application to full local approval.

The SRE abogado told me that we should have final full approval within 6 months ...

I'll report more when we get the final approval.

Happy Trails,
steve
** Thanks also to John Shrall for his very good descriptions of Mexico's naturalized citizenship requirements at his SRE office. ... Our new Delegado (a DF'er) has added lots of twists to our exam process which he says should (may?) be descending on on other SRE offices. ???
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Jul 6, 2015, 6:25 PM)

RickS

Jul 6, 2015, 6:35 PM

Post #100 of 136 (23149 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Recent experiences in INM and Consulate office

| Private Reply
Congratulations Steve!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4