Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

susango

Feb 15, 2015, 3:52 PM

Post #1 of 2 (11637 views)

Shortcut

border crossing in Nuevo Laredo

Can't Post | Private Reply
I am considering driving north from the interior of Mexico to the USA and crossing at Nuevo Laredo (NL) in late March. I know there has been a recent uptick of violence in and around Matamoros and Reynosa. Has anyone seen or heard any current information on NL? I know the University of the Valley of México in NL closed due to threats. Do you think it is safer to cross in Piedras Negras now?

Also, anyone know if the Banjercito modules are open to cancel a TIP at the International Bridge II in NL or is better to stop at the CIITV building?

What are your thoughts about driving during Semana Santa? Safer with more people traveling on the roads or not worth the potential of a long delay at Bridge II in NL going north into the USA? Better to go before or after Semana Santa?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

fpeg

Feb 16, 2015, 9:01 AM

Post #2 of 2 (11565 views)

Shortcut

Re: [susango] border crossing in Nuevo Laredo

Can't Post | Private Reply
I travel to NL every 15b days. I am going back tonight. The TIP booths are not always open. The main building is faster. I travel at night to NL and return to SLP during the day. I have not had any trouble in 6 years doing this 26-30 times a year. Weekends are the craziest to cross into the US. Semana Santa is very crazy. I plan to cross before SS and again on the 6 of April, after SS.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4