Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

wildbill1466

Feb 7, 2015, 2:23 PM

Post #1 of 8 (5644 views)

Shortcut

Paying 2015 tourist fee

Can't Post | Private Reply
Help! In Aug. 2014 entered Mexico by air and received a single slip 180 day tourist visa (depart Feb 2015) with no further instructions.
In the past I have paid the fee any time within the 180 days in cash at my local BanaMex and was given a bank receipt which I turned in with my tourist visa at departure.
THIS TIME!(In Feb. 2015) BanaMex told me they could not accept the fee WITHOUT a form which they did not have. They said I could get the form on the Internet! I have searched the net and cant find a appropriate form. Can somebody give me the web address for the form? I suspect that what will be due is the 2015 fee.
Do I have the option of just waiting until departure and paying the fee at the airport OR will this be more complicated and time consuming? I do not have a printer and need to travel some distance to use one. I can pay by cash or U.S. credit card.
Thanks
Bill

AlanMexicali

Feb 7, 2015, 2:43 PM

Post #2 of 8 (5635 views)

Shortcut

Re: [wildbill1466] Paying 2015 tourist fee

In Reply To
Help! In Aug. 2014 entered Mexico by air and received a single slip 180 day tourist visa (depart Feb 2015) with no further instructions.
In the past I have paid the fee any time within the 180 days in cash at my local BanaMex and was given a bank receipt which I turned in with my tourist visa at departure.
THIS TIME!(In Feb. 2015) BanaMex told me they could not accept the fee WITHOUT a form which they did not have. They said I could get the form on the Internet! I have searched the net and cant find a appropriate form. Can somebody give me the web address for the form? I suspect that what will be due is the 2015 fee.
Do I have the option of just waiting until departure and paying the fee at the airport OR will this be more complicated and time consuming? I do not have a printer and need to travel some distance to use one. I can pay by cash or U.S. credit card.
Thanks
Bill

If you paid for an international airline ticket to Mexico the FMM tourist fee is included in the price of the ticket.

RickS

Feb 7, 2015, 3:45 PM

Post #3 of 8 (5621 views)

Shortcut

The only time you need to go to a bank and pay that fee is if you drive over the border. As Alan has said, you owe nothing.

On a couple of occasions I have flown into Mexico (and thus paid the fee in the price of the ticket) and driven out. The last time I did this the agent at the border said, 'you didn't pay the fee and you need to step over to Banjercito and pay before I'll cancel your FMM form'. It took me a couple of minutes to convince him that I had already paid that fee since I flew into Mexico..... which was clearly stated on the FMM. Finally, sheepishly, he said, 'oh, OK'.

wildbill1466

Feb 7, 2015, 5:48 PM

Post #4 of 8 (5601 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Paying 2015 tourist fee

Thanks to both you and Allan!
However I am confused by your "it was clearly stated on FMM" Mine has no such statement I can see, in fact preprinted as last item on reverse of Visa on the right side in English is "Foreigners are required to pay the immigration service fee as provided for in the current Federal Fee Law"
Where does it say it has been paid??
Bill

RickS

Feb 7, 2015, 6:13 PM

Post #5 of 8 (5595 views)

Shortcut

Sorry, I was not clear about what I meant. There is no statement that one has already paid (since this is a multi-use form). What I meant was... there is a place that is *checked* as to how entry was made into Mexico.... by air, by car etc. Mine was check 'by air' which by definition meant that I had already paid the fee to the airlines, who then pay the Mexican government in bulk.

I did have to convince the IMN guy when I drove out and wanted to cancel my tourist visa. I suspect that not all agents know that the fee is paid within the airline charge since they are 'ground agents', and probably very few people fly in and drive out. But it finally did sink in to him that what I was saying was right.

wildbill1466

Feb 7, 2015, 7:05 PM

Post #6 of 8 (5585 views)

Shortcut

Thanks! By air is checked on mine!
Bill

chinagringo

Feb 7, 2015, 7:09 PM

Post #7 of 8 (5584 views)

Shortcut

Are you nervous because you just might be illegal?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

playaboy

Feb 8, 2015, 3:03 AM

Post #8 of 8 (5563 views)

Shortcut

The official stamp the INM agent uses on your FMM and passport when you arrive will have a picture an airplane or car. That is one way they trackl how you enter or exit the country

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4