Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Highlands

dstan

Feb 2, 2015, 8:10 PM

Post #1 of 4 (7448 views)

Shortcut

Looking for hotel in Queretaro

Can't Post | Private Reply
Can anyone recommend a good place to stay at a reasonable price in the Centro area of Queretaro? Does not have to be in the Historic Centre, but within walking distance. We don't spend allot time in our room so we don't need any sort of luxury ---just clean, comfortable and well located.

Looking forward to exploring this Northern Central Highland city and surrounding area for a few days. Any suggestions of things to do and see gladly welcome. We are outdoorsy and looking forward being in the naturalizada as well as the ckty.

AlanMexicali

Feb 3, 2015, 5:40 AM

Post #2 of 4 (7438 views)

Shortcut

Re: [dstan] Looking for hotel in Queretaro

Hotel Hidalgo - Madero 11, Querétaro has nice rooms for about $800.00 pesos if you book with an on-line service and is a classic colonial hotel in the Centro Historico.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Feb 3, 2015, 5:52 AM)

chinagringo

Feb 3, 2015, 6:41 AM

Post #3 of 4 (7427 views)

Shortcut

We had two nights in Queretaro last August and I had booked us into the Hotel Hidalgo. Sounds like our habits are similar since we too spend little time in our room and it was more about seeing the city. While the Hotel Hidalgo has a great history, we found our room to be claustrophobic due to the size and the fact that our only source of fresh air was through a transom window above the entry door. We stayed one night and made the decision to find something where we were more comfortable. Just down the same block was the highly rated La Casa de la Marquesa. Pocked our heads in there and were immediately impressed with the architecture and decor. But an inquiry with the gentleman handling reservations revealed a nightly rate quite a bit above what we try to budget. Just for giggles, I checked with booking.com and I found a rate for the next night that was approx. 40% below the hotel provided rate and decided that would work. Don't remember the exact amount but I want to say it was in the $80USD range before tax. You can see from the following photos that our room with private patio certainly alleviated the claustrophobic feelings from a night at the Hidalgo:

https://plus.google.com/.../6050166738348040481

We really enjoyed staying in the historic centro district and the opportunities it afforded us to walk around when and where we pleased. We were extremely impressed by how clean and well maintained this district was!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

sciman

Feb 8, 2015, 10:52 AM

Post #4 of 4 (7369 views)

Shortcut

Shelley does a nice job at modest rates at HOME B&B. It's a guesthouse with good breakfasts and is well located. She gets good ratings on TripAdvisor and has a website at www dot queretarobandb dot com.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4