Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

idocscanada

Jan 30, 2015, 9:34 AM

Post #1 of 8 (7726 views)

Shortcut

Authentication and Legalization of Canadian Documents at the Embassy of Mexico

| Private Reply
As part of the IMSS application process, it is required that your Canadian documents, such as birth and marriage certificates, be apostilled or authenticated and legalized. If you have never heard of this process, you can learn more about it in this article Authentication and legalization / apostille process for Canadian birth or marriage certificate documents

Your birth certificate, marriage certificate, or other Canadian documents will need to be authenticated at the Department of Foreign Affairs and then legalized at the Embassy of Mexico. We work with you to make sure your documents are prepared correctly. Simply send your documents to our Ottawa office and we will manage all aspects of the authentication and legalization process for you. Returning your completed documents in as little as a few days!

For more information on navigating the legalization and authorization of documentation process visit our website at: http://www.idocscanada.ca/

viktoremski

Jan 30, 2015, 12:40 PM

Post #2 of 8 (7710 views)

Shortcut

Re: [idocscanada] Authentication and Legalization of Canadian Documents at the Embassy of Mexico

| Private Reply
Good for Canadians. Since I was born in Poland, last time I went there, I had my birth certificate apostilled. Then I personally went to Mexican Embassy in Warsaw, but they refused to legalize it. They said that it would be a violation of international law. According to them, my apostilled birth certificate was good enough to be accepted when applying for citizenship. It remains to be seen if they are right. Both the embassy, and the naturalization offices in Mexico, belong to the same department: SRE.

drope

Feb 9, 2015, 8:16 AM

Post #3 of 8 (7593 views)

Shortcut

Re: [idocscanada] Authentication and Legalization of Canadian Documents at the Embassy of Mexico

| Private Reply
Total nonsense but nice try. I don't even think there is such a thing as "apostilled" in Canada.One does not need what you say to get IMSS[which is Mexican social insurance]not available at any Mexican embassy and nothing to do with immigration. Notarios here can authenticate and official translators can do documents. I am Canadian and have gone through all the processes to get to Mexico. You are not needed for anything.

This looks like a phishing attempt.

(This post was edited by drope on Feb 9, 2015, 8:21 AM)

YucaLandia

Feb 9, 2015, 9:12 AM

Post #4 of 8 (7578 views)

Shortcut

Re: [drope] Authentication and Legalization of Canadian Documents at the Embassy of Mexico

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Total nonsense but nice try. I don't even think there is such a thing as "apostilled" in Canada.One does not need what you say to get IMSS[which is Mexican social insurance]not available at any Mexican embassy and nothing to do with immigration. Notarios here can authenticate and official translators can do documents. I am Canadian and have gone through all the processes to get to Mexico. You are not needed for anything.

Agreed that the OP is phishing for new customers, but it does raise the good issue about Canadians needing their official Canadian documents to be officially authorized to Mexican Govt. standards. The Mexican Embassy website in Canada lists official instructions for "Document Legalization" (since Canada does not participate in the Apostille convention) here:

http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/...id=1255&Itemid=4
-
Read-on MacDuff
E-visit at http://yucalandia.com

(This post was edited by YucaLandia on Feb 9, 2015, 9:44 AM)

drope

Feb 9, 2015, 10:15 AM

Post #5 of 8 (7573 views)

Shortcut

Re: [YucaLandia] Authentication and Legalization of Canadian Documents at the Embassy of Mexico

| Private Reply

In Reply To

In Reply To

Agreed that the OP is phishing for new customers, but it does raise the good issue about Canadians needing their official Canadian documents to be officially authorized to Mexican Govt. standards. The Mexican Embassy website in Canada lists official instructions for "Document Legalization" (since Canada does not participate in the Apostille convention) here:

http://embamex.sre.gob.mx/...id=1255&Itemid=4

I read on mcduff,now you do the same-por favor. there is no need for the op's "services" whatsoever and one must really question their expetrise when they say you need super special documents for IMSS-jaja! Talk to me when you know more of what goes on in Canada. Being a Canadian and having gone through the FM3 process 10 years ago and now Permenante,I speak from experience. There is no need for the op,period.

cbviajero

Feb 9, 2015, 12:04 PM

Post #6 of 8 (7557 views)

Shortcut

Re: [drope] Authentication and Legalization of Canadian Documents at the Embassy of Mexico

| Private Reply

In Reply To
Being a Canadian and having gone through the FM3 process 10 years ago and now Permenante,I speak from experience. There is no need for the op,period.

Did you use facilitators to help you with your FM3 and Permanente applications?

drope

Feb 9, 2015, 5:07 PM

Post #7 of 8 (7534 views)

Shortcut

Re: [cbviajero] Authentication and Legalization of Canadian Documents at the Embassy of Mexico

| Private Reply
There are no facilitators in Alberta and British Colombia that I know of. You just go to the Mexican Consulates and do it yourself. As a US person what is your interest in a Canadian matter?

arbon

Feb 9, 2015, 5:21 PM

Post #8 of 8 (7527 views)

Shortcut

|

In Reply To
There are no facilitators in Alberta and British Colombia that I know of. You just go to the Mexican Consulates and do it yourself. As a US person what is your interest in a Canadian matter?

cbviajero has an aunt in Ponoka and his uncle wants to send her to stay with other relatives in Guadalajara.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4