Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Mexican Kitchen

CozICan

Jan 13, 2015, 8:36 PM

Post #1 of 4 (25193 views)

Shortcut

arrachera

Can't Post | Private Reply
Does anyone on this forum know how to make authentic Arrachera (Mexican Beef). I have looked up some recipes on the Internet but they all appear to be from the U.S.

I haven't had very good success with the pre-packaged stuff because the are marinated too much and sometimes the meat is mushy. Also, I question the chemicals that may be added to them.

I am looking for: What beef to purchase, what to use as a marinade and for how long.

Thanks a bunch.

CozICan

chinagringo

Jan 14, 2015, 4:15 AM

Post #2 of 4 (25181 views)

Shortcut

Re: [CozICan] arrachera

You might find this older discussion to be helpful:

http://www.mexconnect.com/...ng=Arrachera;#149406
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

chris cooper

Jan 17, 2015, 3:38 PM

Post #3 of 4 (25135 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Does anyone on this forum know how to make authentic Arrachera (Mexican Beef). I have looked up some recipes on the Internet but they all appear to be from the U.S.

I haven't had very good success with the pre-packaged stuff because the are marinated too much and sometimes the meat is mushy. Also, I question the chemicals that may be added to them.

I am looking for: What beef to purchase, what to use as a marinade and for how long.

Thanks a bunch.

CozICan

Arrachera is the cut of beef, not a method of preparation. You can buy it unmarinated.

chinagringo

Jan 17, 2015, 6:25 PM

Post #4 of 4 (25123 views)

Shortcut

Who is to say what the best marinade is since it is a matter of personal preference taste wise? With all the experimenting we have done, there has been a great deal of difference on just how well various marinades penetrate the cut of beef and tenderize. We now buy the flap steak from our local Costco and I use my own creation for a marinade over about 48 hours prior to preparing. For us living NOB, it is as close as I can approximate the better Arrachera entrees I have found throughout Central Mexico. And the idiots claiming to have Mexican restaurants here in New Mexico haven't a clue what Arrachera even is. It would never work here because it isn't smothered in red or green!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4