Mexico Connect
Forums  > Specific Focus > Technical Mexico

johanson / Moderator

Jan 10, 2015, 2:47 PM

Post #1 of 8 (12771 views)

Shortcut

Surface Pro 3

Can't Post | Private Reply
Well, I did it. I went to the Windows store and picked up a 12 inch windows Surface Pro 3. Why? well, I wanted something smaller and lighter than my 15 inch Windows 7 Dell laptop to carry around with me when travelling or going to the computer club etc.
Yes I know, it has the Windows 8.1 operating system, but it's time to learn how to use it. Besides the Windows 10 operating system will be out soon which will apparently be much easier than 8.1

Oh as I sit here in Seattle for a few more weeks, I want to say Go Seahawks. We have an NFL Divisional Playoff game this Saturday afternoon with the Carolina Panthers on our hometown field.

(This post was edited by johanson on Jan 10, 2015, 2:53 PM)

Azuledos

Jan 11, 2015, 1:32 PM

Post #2 of 8 (12734 views)

Shortcut

Re: [johanson] Surface Pro 3

I've been sort of jonesing for a SP3 too, or some other convertible model, (and will probably buy one on our next return to Seattle in May) and so will be interested in hearing about your likes/dislikes as you use it.

I have been remotely helping out some folks who have bought Win 8 computers and have have been totally at sea with the metro interface. There are some great "Start Menu" replacements http://windows.about.com/...ts-For-Windows-8.htm, and I've had the most satisfactory results with Pokki.

For the connection I use Chrome Remote Desktop (free app), which allows taking control of a distant computer over the internet connection.

================================
Veracruz has to be the best kept secret in Mexico.
http://etepetzin.blogspot.com -&- http://azuledos.blogspot.com

DavidMcL

Jan 13, 2015, 12:57 PM

Post #3 of 8 (12691 views)

Shortcut

The playoff is actually on Sunday Pete. And yes Seahawks rule.
David McL
WebJefe

chinagringo

Jan 13, 2015, 1:17 PM

Post #4 of 8 (12688 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Surface Pro 3

But if the OP was written last Saturday the 10th?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

johanson / Moderator

Jan 13, 2015, 6:52 PM

Post #5 of 8 (12676 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Surface Pro 3

Right Neil I was talking about the Saturday game that we now have won and am now hoping we win again next Sunday
Too bad about Oregon yesterday (Monday) I was hoping they would win.

Hey Win 8.1 is still quite challenging but it's getting easier and easier. or should I write, it's seems less complicated and difficult to use, but not easy yet.

johanson / Moderator

Jan 18, 2015, 4:29 PM

Post #6 of 8 (12641 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidMcL] Surface Pro 3

David you posted, "Yes SeaHawks rule. I sure didn't think so at the end of the first half when we were behind Green Bay 16 nothing this Sunday afternoon. I couldn't believe it at the end of the game when we were tied 22 to 22 and in overtime when we (the SeaHawks) won after scoring a touchdown.

To make this legal I'm getting better with my Windows 8.1 Surface 12 inch pro. I can read all of the MexConnect posts on it, but when it comes time to typing a response, I'm on my 15 inch Dell Laptop using windows 7 because it's so much easier.

I will be back Lakeside for the Super Bowl on Feb 1. watching same via satellite.

Yes Folks one can watch US and Canadian sports and local TV via the Canadian satellite system (once called Star Choice) now called Shaw Direct, or US TV via DISH USA or DirecTV USA or streaming the events via the internet. You just got to know how to do it and who to pay

And again, GO SEAHAWKS

RickS

Jan 19, 2015, 12:24 PM

Post #7 of 8 (12620 views)

Shortcut

Pete, the Surface Pro 3 has a keyboard, no? Do you just find it 'hard to use' as you are used to a laptop keyboard?

I have a (Logitech) keyboard on my iPad and, after a few moments of use, don't find it difficult to use at all... at least for short things like I am now writing. Maybe I wouldn't want to write a thesis on it, but......

johanson / Moderator

Jan 19, 2015, 3:07 PM

Post #8 of 8 (12614 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Surface Pro 3

The Surface Pro can either be operated using a keyboard that magnetically attaches to the tablet, or without it. I often use the keyboard for typing messages or writing documents. But not always. I usually use the touch screen for shorter operations, like making the picture or document larger or smaller (pinching) on the screen, and for example after I have entered a password usually with the keyboard, for touching the go or whatever button after having entered the password with the keyboard
That reminds me, I've got to clean the screen :)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4