Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

Mexicanbill

Jan 5, 2015, 8:17 PM

Post #1 of 7 (5701 views)

Shortcut

Residenta Temporal Visa

Can't Post | Private Reply
We will be returning to PV in Feb. and I would like to get a Temporal Visa instead of the 180 visa. I am married (22 years) to a Mexican citizen who owns property around Puerto Vallarta. Do I need any other papers than my apostle US marriage license and can I still process it in Puerto Vallarta or has that changed,
Chef William aka MexicanBill

JRinPV

Jan 6, 2015, 6:53 AM

Post #2 of 7 (5681 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Mexicanbill] Residenta Temporal Visa

Suggest you go to Migración, by the Marine terminal and ask Norma, the lady at the desk just inside.

DavidHF

Jan 7, 2015, 5:58 AM

Post #3 of 7 (5645 views)

Shortcut

Why not get a Permanente and avoid all future costs and hassle?

rvgringo

Jan 7, 2015, 10:36 AM

Post #4 of 7 (5621 views)

Shortcut

Re: [DavidHF] Residenta Temporal Visa

You might actually get it done easily at the nearest Mexican Consulate, before you return to Mexico. They can approve such visas and then finishing up in PV will be a snap. Present your marriage documents along with the usual passport, birth certificate, etc.

Mexicanbill

Jan 10, 2015, 6:45 AM

Post #5 of 7 (5584 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JRinPV] Residenta Temporal Visa

Thanks, I had a friend go to the office you suggested and got the information, I am now in the process of getting all the paper work in order and will do it on arrival. Norma suggested I get a two year Termporal, after which I can apply for permanent status. She gave my friend the paperwork which was fax'ed to me. I think I will wait until I'm there to apply. The Chicago Mexican Consulate is 90 miles from here and the weather has been at or below zero for the past week so I don't want to be traveling there to stand in line in the cold....it's a very busy place. Thanks for the tip.
Chef William aka MexicanBill

Rolly

Jan 10, 2015, 7:30 AM

Post #6 of 7 (5574 views)

Shortcut

You cannot get a two-year Temporal the first time. A first time Temporal is only available for one year.

Rolly Pirate

AlanMexicali

Jan 10, 2015, 7:47 AM

Post #7 of 7 (5569 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Residenta Temporal Visa

In Reply To
You cannot get a two-year Temporal the first time. A first time Temporal is only available for one year.

Under the "Vinculo familiar" they asked me if I wanted a 1 to 4 year RT at the INM office when I applied with a FMM tourist card inside Mexico. I am now in the process of going to RP now after 2 years with my RT with a "permiso para trabajar". Last Monday I helped an American [couldn´t read Spanish but spoke it somewhat] I met at our INM office go to an internet room close by and do the on line request for tramite his US passport 6 month preapproved RT visa from McAllen Tx. Mx. Consulate with proof of financial solvency and complete his "Formato Básico" and hand in his FMM "canje" card to get a Residente Temporal at our INM office and they offered him a 1 to 4 year RT. He had an "escriptura" for his home in a large town in our state or SLP.. I don´t know why they offered a first timer this. Maybe because he owns a home outright or our office here changed their rules lately.

The other possibility is this clerk is a new one [I haven´t seen him before here] and when the Licenciada checks the file soon he will only get a 1 year RT visa. Most probably what will happen I suspect.

(This post was edited by AlanMexicali on Jan 10, 2015, 10:18 AM)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4