Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Central Pacific Region

abcinsb

Sep 27, 2014, 6:18 PM

Post #1 of 16 (10378 views)

Shortcut

Seeking Small Quiet Beach with Lodging Nayarit/Jalisco

Can't Post | Private Reply
Wondering if anyone can recommend a small, quiet (preferably remote) beach with lodgings along the Jalisco/Nayarit coast.
Adventurous recluse/hermit who enjoys long uninterrupted hours of doing virtually nothing (does reading count as nothing?), seeks lodging in a small, quiet and hopefully remote setting as far away from anything even vaguely resembling Puerto Vallarta's Hotel Zone.
In past years I've stayed in San Pancho and enjoyed it immensely, but alas, even that lovely place has gone the way of Sayulita.
Ideally I'd like to park my middle-age butt in the sand in front of a small, quiet beach where I can swim without being sucked out to Easter Island. I realize the qualities I seek are probably nonexistent but I thought I'd give it a shot. Anyone....?

La Isla

Sep 27, 2014, 6:40 PM

Post #2 of 16 (10368 views)

Shortcut

Re: [abcinsb] Seeking Small Quiet Beach with Lodging Nayarit/Jalisco

Google is your friend, at least most of the time: http://www.mexconnect.com/articles/4025-cabo-corrientes-beaches-in-mexico-with-nobody-there

sparks

Sep 27, 2014, 7:06 PM

Post #3 of 16 (10357 views)

Shortcut

Besides my other post you might look at Perula .... about an hour south of Tuito

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

bournemouth

Sep 27, 2014, 7:15 PM

Post #4 of 16 (10353 views)

Shortcut

How about Chacala :

http://www.playachacala.com/...acala/about-chacala/

(This post was edited by RickS on Sep 27, 2014, 9:36 PM)

sioux4noff

Sep 27, 2014, 9:14 PM

Post #5 of 16 (10342 views)

Shortcut

Maybe Lo de Marco would be appropriate.

RickS

Sep 27, 2014, 9:42 PM

Post #6 of 16 (10339 views)

Shortcut

You have just described Chacala to a T! I'll second that recommendation. Just don't tell anybody.....

And if the beach there gets too busy for you on the weekend (Nationals), then hike your butt over the hills to the south to a very small and hidden cove and you'll surely say "I've found it!".

Maria Lee

Sep 28, 2014, 6:45 AM

Post #7 of 16 (10319 views)

Shortcut

Well, if it is remote, really quiet, and as far away from anything resembling PV that you want, then check out Playa Las Tortugas, which is about 2 hours north of PV in Nayarit. The closest thing to deserted island I've ever come across. Maria

JRinPV

Sep 28, 2014, 6:57 AM

Post #8 of 16 (10315 views)

Shortcut

Re: [bournemouth] Seeking Small Quiet Beach with Lodging Nayarit/Jalisco

I agree you just described Chacala :)

cbviajero

Sep 28, 2014, 7:23 AM

Post #9 of 16 (10311 views)

Shortcut

Re: [RickS] Seeking Small Quiet Beach with Lodging Nayarit/Jalisco

In Reply To

And if the beach there gets too busy for you on the weekend (Nationals), then hike your butt over the hills to the south to a very small and hidden cove and you'll surely say "I've found it!".

Las Cuevas.

Teo

Sep 30, 2014, 5:36 PM

Post #10 of 16 (10236 views)

Shortcut

I would say Chacala, too. One of the best small beaches in Mexico. But you'll be sworn to secrecy after your visit.

Carol_Wheeler

Oct 16, 2014, 11:03 AM

Post #11 of 16 (10083 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Teo] Seeking Small Quiet Beach with Lodging Nayarit/Jalisco

Christina Stobbs and her husband chose Los Ayala.

She wrote a lovely photo essay focusing on nine of these towns in individual articles. Hope this helps.

http://www.mexconnect.com/...arit-coast-of-mexico

(This post was edited by tonyburton on Oct 16, 2014, 11:32 AM)

JuanCha

Dec 30, 2014, 7:02 AM

Post #12 of 16 (9740 views)

Shortcut

I just spent two weeks of recon on the Nayarit coast: Bucerias, Sayulita, San Pancho, Lo de Marcos, Guayabitos, La Peņita and Chacala.

Of those I'd say Chacala best meets your criteria EXCEPT that Jalisco & PV vacationers invade the tiny village during peak periods (you can always go elsewhere then).

Lo de Marcos could also EXCEPT the water has a strong under-tow and is not swimmer friendly. (I am a lap swimmer and boogie-boarder).

There are probably some other less well known and smallet Nayarit beaches that would also work for you.

I've lived in Mexico for 8 years and will soon relocate to Nayarit (before it gets over-built, which will be soon).
JuanCha de: Santa Fe NM, San Cristobal de Las Casas Chiapas, San Diego CA

(This post was edited by JuanCha on Dec 30, 2014, 7:03 AM)

sparks

Dec 30, 2014, 7:31 AM

Post #13 of 16 (9731 views)

Shortcut

Re: [JuanCha] Seeking Small Quiet Beach with Lodging Nayarit/Jalisco

Don't go anywhere now if you want quiet. Huge crowds until after next week

Sparks Mexico Blog - Sparks Costalegre

hunteradvisor

Dec 31, 2014, 5:36 AM

Post #14 of 16 (9676 views)

Shortcut

Re: [sparks] Seeking Small Quiet Beach with Lodging Nayarit/Jalisco

The water was calm and warm yesterday, perfect swimming! There were about 12-15 people on the beach, which is packed for us. There is free camping and 4 guest houses + 1 over priced hotel. Mayto is 2 hours south of PV. Take a bus 1 hour south to El Tuito a cool, non touristy village and then depending on your budget take a taxi for 450 pesos to Mayto or hitch from the bridge that leaves town toward Mayto/Tehuamixtle.
Do all of us a favor who live here: "don't tell anyone else"!
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

hunteradvisor

Jul 5, 2015, 3:06 AM

Post #15 of 16 (8943 views)

Shortcut

We live on a ranch in Mayto just behind the Mayto hotel, about 300 yards from the best beach anywhere in Mexico if you want tranquilo. There is just enough going on if you want it, hanging out at El Rinconcito, paying for a beer at the Hotel Mayto so you can use their awesome pool and beach side covered tables and hammocks, 2 taco stands in town and a short walk through our ranch their is Tehuamixtle with half a dozen restaurants with super seafood.
The bus in no longer running from El Tuito at least last I checked so our guests either schedule for us to pick them up or they hitch. If you stay with Fernando and Maricela at El Rinconcito you can arrange to have them fetch you for a fee, also Efren who is the caretaker for Casa Jardin a wonderful 3 bedroom house on the beach which rents via vacation rentals.com for about $35 a night per person. We also offer rooms in our adobe guest house for 250 pesos, we have a communal kitchen. Let me know if you have any other questions. You have found your place!
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

hunteradvisor

Jul 6, 2015, 2:40 AM

Post #16 of 16 (8822 views)

Shortcut

Re: [hunteradvisor] Seeking Small Quiet Beach with Lodging Nayarit/Jalisco

Ugh! That's what I deserve for posting on a mobile device & not spell checking. I meant to write "there" is a great, small, fishing village a 20 minute walk way-Tehuamixtle.
Isabel
www.RanchoSolyMar.com

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4