Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

Gringal

Dec 29, 2014, 7:31 AM

Post #1 of 5 (6962 views)

Shortcut

Restaurant recommendations

| Private Reply
I find the restaurant recommendations by other members of the community to be very helpful in making dining choices. I like it when people go beyond "like it" or "don't like it" and tell us what's great, or not so much. The more specific, the better. We all eat, so we are all "food critics". Nobody around here is a "qualified" food critic who has made a living doing so, so I'm assuming we are just all "eaters".

If a restaurant hosts a group like the Shriners or the Rotarians or Hope House, that's fine by me. It's their restaurant, but I hope that when we "review" them, we stick to our opinions of the food, the service and the ambiance.
"The best of" is presumptuous, so perhaps we shouldn't go there.

chinagringo

Dec 29, 2014, 6:40 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6921 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Gringal] Restaurant recommendations

| Private Reply
And how would you suggest food critics handle it when they don't happen to care for a particular restaurant's neighbors? After all a neighbor's character could definitely adversely affect the taste of the food and the quality of service!
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

(This post was edited by chinagringo on Dec 29, 2014, 8:04 PM)

Gringal

Dec 30, 2014, 7:53 AM

Post #3 of 5 (6897 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chinagringo] Restaurant recommendations

| Private Reply
Got the point, Cheena, and the question is: if the neighboring businesses have clear signs out front, which in this case are "Wilde's Dildoria" and "Kiss my Glass", and the customer enters the restaurant and eats there anyway........it would seem that said customer voted with his feet and to mention his objection to the neighbors does not belong in a review of the place he ate, and in fact, may do harm to the restaurant he patronized.

Cocinart's decor could be described as "Shabby Chic", but it's charming in its way.
The neighboring shop has some nice glass crafts shown and the other business is not accessible to the restaurant. Oh, and BTW, the food's good.

chinagringo

Dec 30, 2014, 6:32 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6860 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
So where is WilliamG or his wife to define their position on this restaurant? The entire premise seems to be questionable. Does WilliamG have a financial position in this establishment?
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

WilliamG

Jan 3, 2015, 8:50 PM

Post #5 of 5 (6789 views)

Shortcut

| Private Reply
There is a simple solution to your problem, if you don't like the restaurant reviews that include commentary about location and ambience, then don't read them. If you want to write your own restaurant reviews, based on your own set of criteria, then by all means, do so. Some people come to Lake Chapala with family and may not want to take their children, or grandchildren, to a restaurant located next to a sex shop. You prefer to not patronize restaurants that support Christian ministries.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4