Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

Rolly

Dec 8, 2014, 3:04 PM

Post #1 of 6 (3136 views)

Shortcut

Update on my 3 English studens

Can't Post | Private Reply
Dr. Misa is half way into his one year's community service requirement. At the end, he will receive his license to practice medicine. He plans to have a residency in surgery.

Dr Alex is now a fully licensed veterinarian. He has decided against accepting either of the two job offers from the USA. He has a job at a dairy farm. He and his father and brother (all vets) are considering opening a related business.

Nery attended an orientation meeting for his computer science PhD program which begins in January. There will be 15 students in the class. Most are high-level managers or CEOs of local businesses. Two are lady doctors, one of whom is the administrator of a major hospital in Torreón. Nery is the youngest in the group.

The students introduced themselves and explained why they wanted a PhD. All said it was career advancement. No one was interested in being a college professor, which surprised me.

Classes are scheduled to meet the needs of working students. They will meet for 3 hours on Friday evenings and 5 hours on Saturday days. The program will take 13 quarters (3.25 years), no summer vacations. Text books will be e-books online with free access. Most will be in English.

He'll make a lot of good contacts in the next 3 years. It's hard to tell if that will matter to him since he already has a guaranteed lifetime job at CFE, and a PhD will mean a major promotion. He is the only one in his IT group with a Master's degree. We joke that with a PhD, they should give him the company.

Rolly Pirate

DavidMcL

Dec 8, 2014, 3:26 PM

Post #2 of 6 (3128 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Rolly] Update on my 3 English studens

Great stuff Rolly! You must be be so proud of them.
David McL
WebJefe

RickS

Dec 8, 2014, 8:47 PM

Post #3 of 6 (3094 views)

Shortcut

Who could have predicted (you probably!) all those years ago, when you introduced us to these fine Nationals, that you would be announcing this to us today. You are a mentor and above all, an amigo.

Congratulations to them and to you, Rolly.

tonyburton

Dec 9, 2014, 7:38 AM

Post #4 of 6 (3053 views)

Shortcut

Rolly,
That is brilliant! You are an inspiration to them and to so many others. Please, please, please, keep the updates on the success of your students/friends coming!

rvgringo

Dec 9, 2014, 9:53 AM

Post #5 of 6 (3021 views)

Shortcut

Re: [tonyburton] Update on my 3 English studens

Kudos to you and to them, Rolly. Puff out your chest and strut a little. You deserve it.

drope

Dec 10, 2014, 10:38 AM

Post #6 of 6 (2965 views)

Shortcut

Excellent Rolly!

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4