Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

chuckcuz

Dec 5, 2014, 12:16 PM

Post #1 of 4 (6286 views)

Shortcut

cell phones and credit cards

Can't Post | Private Reply
Thanks everyone for the info..it all makes sense. Upping the daily amt on the bank draw sounds like a very good idea.
Last question (for today) Do I need any maps of the larger cities. I'm going straight to the coast so from Laredo to PV or perhaps to Tecoman, Colima. Looks like I skirt most along the way but Guadalajqara looks a bit difficult for the first time and Saltio too.
Any thoughts?

rvgringo

Dec 5, 2014, 2:34 PM

Post #2 of 4 (6262 views)

Shortcut

Re: [chuckcuz] cell phones and credit cards

I think the very best resource is the Guia Roji Gran Atlas de Carreteras, available online. If you use Google, you will find it:

1. Guia Roji Mexico Road Atlas by Guia Roji from Maps.com.www.maps.com Atlases International
    The Guia Roji Mexico Road Atlas is just one of the thousands or maps available at Maps.com. Looking for something other than the Guia Roji Mexico Road Atlas?

donemry

Dec 6, 2014, 7:01 AM

Post #3 of 4 (6224 views)

Shortcut

In Reply To
Thanks everyone for the info..it all makes sense. Upping the daily amt on the bank draw sounds like a very good idea.
Last question (for today) Do I need any maps of the larger cities. I'm going straight to the coast so from Laredo to PV or perhaps to Tecoman, Colima. Looks like I skirt most along the way but Guadalajqara looks a bit difficult for the first time and Saltio too.
Any thoughts?

No need to go into Saltillio. The cuota bypasses Saltillio. As for Guadalajara, as 80 comes into GDL, it becomes Lazaro Cardenas and is non stop expressway all the way through GDL.

chinagringo

Dec 6, 2014, 8:25 AM

Post #4 of 4 (6214 views)

Shortcut

Unless you have a passenger with good map reading skills, do yourself a favor and purchase a Garmin GPS with lifetime maps. The North America maps have included Mexico for a number of years and the Mexico mapping detail has really improved in the 6 years and many thousands of miles traveled in Nothern, Central and Southern Mexico. We have carried a current Guia Roji map book for years but with all the improvements in Mexico mapping software, it seems that we no longer need to invest in updated books.
Regards,
Neil
Albuquerque, NM

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4