Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > Traveling Mexico

jeffie1

Nov 19, 2014, 10:21 AM

Post #1 of 2 (4941 views)

Shortcut

Guaymas / Santa Rosalia Ferry

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hola Expats. Has anyone taken this ferry recently? If so, would you mind sharing your experience? Did you load and take your vehicle, rough seas, would you recommend it...etc. Thanks Jeff

paloblanco

Nov 25, 2014, 2:36 PM

Post #2 of 2 (4865 views)

Shortcut

Re: [jeffie1] Guaymas / Santa Rosalia Ferry

Can't Post | Private Reply
I hate to see your question go unanswered. I haven't taken the Guaymas/Sta. Rosalia ferry in decades. Much has changed since then. I do have friends who used to take the ferry from Sta. Rosalia to Guaymas on their way from Baja to Phoenix for Christmas (Just a couple of years ago). Then, several years in a row, north winds and bad seas prevented the ferry from crossing the sea and they were left with a long drive at the last minute. They have quit using it for that reason. It is much smaller than the ferries traveling from La Paz, which seem to be undaunted by rough water. We've crossed with them in seas that had everyone holding on their seats. I'd suggest that in the winter you would need to be flexible in your crossing times because the sea is often churned up by north winds.
I also suggest you post your question on bajanomad.com where you might get a much more up-to-date answer. Good luck.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4