Forums  > General > General Forum

TomLon

Nov 4, 2014, 6:27 PM

Post #1 of 3 (7466 views)

Shortcut

Lost Visa!

Can't Post | Private Reply
Hi everyone!
New to this forum and was hoping to get some advice on a lost visa!
I have been working as a volunteer out here since January and I am due to return to the UK in December. I unfortunately lost/had my visa stolen a while ago and do not have a photocopy of it, just some copies of forms I originally filled in when applying for it. I have been told by the organisation I am out here with that in my final week I will need to go to the Agencia del Turista with my passport and to ask for a Constancia de Hechos, in order for me to be able to leave the country without any problems.
I am a little concerned about all of this and don't know if any fees are coming my way at the airport or anything, plus what if there are problems and I have my flight ready to go within a week of finding out!!??
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Tom

Anonimo

Nov 5, 2014, 5:03 AM

Post #2 of 3 (7403 views)

Shortcut

Re: [TomLon] Lost Visa!

I recommend that you go ASAP to the nearest office of the INM (Instituto Nacional de la Migracíon). They will deal with your problem.

Aaron+

Nov 6, 2014, 7:58 AM

Post #3 of 3 (7305 views)

Shortcut

Re: [Anonimo] Lost Visa!

Take heed of Anonimo's advice, pronto! And take your passport with you, which will have the latest entrance stamp by INM. INM will have you in their computer system. You will have to pay a fine and eat humble pie. You may find more details on Rollybrook and on the Yucalandia websites.

Say lost, and not stolen. In the latter case, you would have to have a police report of the theft. (In the Yucatán, that would mean going to the Fiscalia General office off the western side of the Perifercio of Mérida.)

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4