Mexico Connect
Forums  > Areas > Jalisco's Lake Chapala Region

WilliamG

Oct 25, 2014, 9:42 AM

Post #1 of 2 (8026 views)

Shortcut

Why had I never heard of this place? Letra CH

Can't Post | Private Reply
We went with friends to a restaurant I had never heard of, or seen, before in Chapala. It has been these, I just never noticed it before now. Letra CH, Restoran Del Mar.

And then, after reading all the good reviews, we had a heck of a time finding it. But once we did, the food was really worth the search. We went with friends last Thursday and had a really excellent meal. One of our dining companions said it was the best meal she had eaten since she got hear, a year ago.

The restaurant is located on the road that runs in front of the Train Station, and out towards San Nicholas. It is not much to look at from the front, and you do have to climb a short flight of stairs to get to the second floor, open air dining room. But the meals that come our of the kitchen are wonderful - nutty sea bass, l'orange salmon, coconut shrimp with mango sauce.

I can't believe I had missed this place previously. The only problem we had was that once the sun began to set, the mosquitoes came out.

There is a complete review and pictures of the great food here:

http://www.lakechapalarestaurantguide.blogspot.mx/...estoran-del-mar.html

rockydog85251

Nov 8, 2014, 4:16 PM

Post #2 of 2 (7719 views)

Shortcut

Re: [WilliamG] Why had I never heard of this place? Letra CH

Can't Post | Private Reply
After reading about this place, we found it and would go back for sure...if only we weren't back to trying to sell our home in Mazatlan!!! It was fabulous...very lovely presentations, inventive use of in season produce. Do give it a try - it is worth the effort getting there.
Willie

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4