Mexico Connect
Forums  > General > General Forum

skier14

Oct 24, 2014, 9:06 AM

Post #1 of 3 (2529 views)

Shortcut

Visa Application

Can't Post | Private Reply
My wife(mexicana with B1 visa) and I(U.S. citizen with RP) are considering taking our 16 year old grand-daughter with us on our next visit to the U.S. in March 2015. The State Dept. website gives me no information regarding grandchildren and visas. Has anyone else had experience with this process?

citlali

Oct 24, 2014, 9:31 AM

Post #2 of 3 (2518 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skier14] Visa Application

make sure you have an authorization from both parents to take her out of the country. When I did it I had te authorization notorized.
I took a Mexican cteenager to Europe so I had a notario write the letter and both parents signed it I had it done in Spanish and English just to be sure.
Sorry cannot help you wit the visa as France is pretty laxed about visas and they just stamped the chld passport with an entry goof for 30 days. I had to have proof of health insurrance for him sio I got travel insurrance.
Do not now how it works for US or Canada.

AlanMexicali

Oct 24, 2014, 9:49 AM

Post #3 of 3 (2507 views)

Shortcut

Re: [skier14] Visa Application

In Reply To
My wife(mexicana with B1 visa) and I(U.S. citizen with RP) are considering taking our 16 year old grand-daughter with us on our next visit to the U.S. in March 2015. The State Dept. website gives me no information regarding grandchildren and visas. Has anyone else had experience with this process?

Your 16 year old grandaughter might need a Mexican passport with a US B2 visa to enter seamlessly or she could be refused admitance. It happens.

If you donīt have a US B1 or B2 visa you are sent to secondary inspection or need to get a I-94 first at the Immigration permit office which might be easy or not. Your wife, if traveling outside the 30 to 45 mile limit along the border, will need a I-94.

A notorized letter form both parents with the details. Travel dates and locations, etc.

Search for (advanced search) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.4